CO Elk Countdown...

cohunter14

Administrator
Jul 10, 2017
I just threw a teaser out there on another thread, but I figured I would start a thread dedicated to the countdown in Colorado. Whoever gets to it first each day, feel free to update it. Here we go...

UPDATED 9/26:

1st Rifle: 15 days
2nd Rifle: 22 days
3rd Rifle: 36 days
4th Rifle: 48 days

For other states, feel free to start another thread, or even post it here. It will be here soon! :dance2:

61 days til my NM Antelope hunt
74 days til my NM Elk hunt
89 days until my Missouri hunt
104 days until OK opens

I am going to have a nasty taxidermy bill this year..... :dk:

hope you do dan, an put lots of pics on here.
im so ready for hunting season. i need a break from real life badly. thanks for posting that cohunter

\"iccyman001\" said:
46 days til my NM Antelope hunt
74 days til my NM Elk hunt
89 days until my Missouri hunt
104 days until OK opens

I am going to have a nasty taxidermy bill this year..... :dk:

Ya gonna be a busy fellar also.... :upthumb: :upthumb:

I will certainly take lots of pictures for my journal and I am bracing myself for how busy I will be! It\'s funny how hunting season works.
I work my butt off day and night to get leave time and then when I take my off time, I wake up at 3:45AM everyday, hike miles on end, and stay out until the sun goes down :crazy: :clap:

We are heading out sept 5th to colorado this yr. we usually go the last week in sept. Looking for a little change of luck!! Got at least 10 days in the mountains

\"cohunter14\" said:
I just threw a teaser out there on another thread, but I figured I would start a thread dedicated to the countdown in Colorado. Whoever gets to it first each day, feel free to update it. Here we go...

UPDATED 7/2:

Archery: 59 days
Muzzleloader: 73 days
1st Rifle: 101 days
2nd Rifle: 108 days
3rd Rifle: 122 days
4th Rifle: 133 days

For other states, feel free to start another thread, or even post it here. It will be here soon! :dance2:

I ain\'t been countin\' but that makes it about 70 days til the early teal season and about 120 days til the real deal duck season starts here... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I would not have been too interested in the starting date for Colorado\'s archery season, but it must be the same as Oregon\'s. And No, it is not 59 days left. It is only 58 1/2.

48 days til the Arkansas early teat season (same as the Colorado muzzleloader season start date) and 83 days til the Arkansas muzzleloader season (same as Colorado 2nd rifle season)... :cry: :cry:

I know but it\'s all I got to look forward to now... :mg: :mg:

\"cohunter14\" said:
26 days archery guys and gals...are you ready???
NO! I need another 30 days.

This is the latest that I have started to prepare. I should have listed my house one month earlier to get the move done in June or earlier. I just started my hardcore prep 10 days ago after the packing, purging, move and closing were over.

At least I know my hunting area well enough to find the elk. Gear is checked out. Camping stuff checked out during last weekend\'s scouting trip. My body and shooting are weaker than this time last year. The packing and hauling left my muscles fatigued everyday, so shooting was useless. This summer, my concentration was terrible.

Is everyone else ready? Or, am I the only one?

I wonder if last year\'s CO rains will keep people away. There appears to be less people hitting the archery range than years past. Strange. Others at the range also noticed a decline.

Thanks for updating us on the countdown.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back