Elk mentors.com

\"bowhunter\" said:
\"AmericanBwana\" said:
Funny you say that. I actually found a pair of old undies laying on the ground one hunting year.

Might have been someone forgot their TP. I have heard of underwear, socks, and tee shirts being sacraficed for the duties.

Used to be one of my signature moves! Many times I would return to camp with the tops of my socks cut off.

Once, I came back with a half-shirt :oops:

I burned and buried a pair of undies in Alaska once ...

That was not the highlight of the trip, for sure.

\"elkmtngear\" said:
\"bowhunter\" said:
\"AmericanBwana\" said:
Funny you say that. I actually found a pair of old undies laying on the ground one hunting year.

Might have been someone forgot their TP. I have heard of underwear, socks, and tee shirts being sacraficed for the duties.

Used to be one of my signature moves! Many times I would return to camp with the tops of my socks cut off.

Once, I came back with a half-shirt :oops:

Jeff, it sounds like you haven\'t quite figured out that if you bring TP with you, it might be easier than cutting off articles of clothing :lol: Maybe you should think of adding a TP holder on the Slip System... :idea:

Haha thanks Derek...I\'ll put that in the suggestion box, alongside the rearview mirror attachment and all the others ! :lol:

\"zpd307\" said:
what!!! who forgets toilet paper :oops:

OK, that was back in the days when I was a young, reckless elk chasing maniac...all I needed was my bow, knife and some sharp blades and damn the details!

These days, it\'s ALL about the details :cool:

Due to Colorado Russ\' chilli, I left a pair of shorts in Texas once. Bullnuts offered me some TP @ a buck a sheet. I figured the undies were cheaper :( Good hunting buddies are like that you know :)

A couple of my cousins, my brother and I were out in the forest behind our grandparents farm one day when we were teens. All of a sudden one cousin said, \"I have to Go\". The next thing he uttered was, \"what can I use for toilet paper?\" I pointed to a nice leafy plant close by, and walked on. I did not want to disturb him as he was taking care of business. The next thing I heard was an awful yelling from a kid behaving like he was under attack. I don\'t think he liked his introduction to Nettles. I also don\'t think he ever asked me what to use in lieu of toilet paper again either.

\">>>---WW---->\" said:
Due to Colorado Russ\' chilli, I left a pair of shorts in Texas once. Bullnuts offered me some TP @ a buck a sheet. I figured the undies were cheaper :( Good hunting buddies are like that you know :)
That was classic!! Where is ol\' Russ boyardee anyway? I sent an invite over to him and Curtis.

when I get out into the woods, I have to go quite often..... it must be the fresh air and all of the hiking. anyways, tp is just as important as my weapon of choice. \" damn the details\", hilarious!!!!! that reminds me, I was on a run. thank god it was out in the country..... but I didn\'t have any undies, don\'t wear them with my running shorts..... I tried leaves, but no avail :oops:

\"zpd307\" said:
what!!! who forgets toilet paper :oops:

At some point I think everyone does,,,,,,,,,,,,,once.

Now I\'m wondering how many bivy days it would take Jeff to come back to camp with nothing but a pair of boots, an umbrella and a smile?

Like this Tom? Except I\'m not smiling...because my boots aren\'t bloody :lol:

speedgoat1_zps2302d011.jpg

\"zpd307\" said:
when I get out into the woods, I have to go quite often..... it must be the fresh air and all of the hiking.

I am the same way!!! I always swear it is the fresh air. Half the time I can\'t even get camp setup before having to retreat to the woods.

All of this talk reminded me of a story from a long time ago...this was actually before I was old enough to hunt, but there was a guy in our camp who was notorious for never crapping in the woods. He prided himself in being able to hold it in for 4-5 days until he was able to make it back to a toilet somewhere. So some of the other guys decided to make some brownies with a little ex-lax in them. Needless to say, they pulled them out one night and this guy LOVED them, horsing down more than one. Let\'s just say he didn\'t make it back to a toilet that time! :lol:

ouch..... my gut hurts just thinking of those cramps :crazy: my buddy is like that, cant crap for days. how painful.

I had mommawana read this thread.

Two things

1. None of you are \'right\'
2. Didn\'t mention any thing about elk.

Oh, we\'ll :upthumb:

Lol, yea Jeff that\'s a mental image I wasn\'t expecting. Looks like could double as a pronghorn themed hospital gown.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back