Go Cubbies!!!

Reminds me that I went to Chicago on business I think it was 1989 for 2 weeks. Weekends were the only time we had a break from class and the Cubs were on a road trip - wanted to see a game at Wrigley Field. White Sox were in town so we went to Comisky Park. I believe they tore it down in 1990 to build a new stadium.

I remember the stadium was in a horrible neighborhood with the projects and all kinds of subsidized housing around. Cop cars looked EXACTLY like what was portrayed on Hill Street Blues - beat to hell, missing hub caps, etc....Scary wasn\'t a good enough description but once in the stadium is was really cool.

Young and naive from Oklahoma, I thought those guys wearing matching headbands must be a team going to a softball practice or something! :)

Harry call White Sox game for several years... That\'s the reason I didn\'t say Chicago instead of Cubs in my other post...

Wish I had a set of home tickets for the series.

Could sell them and buy myself a new truck with what they are going for.

I didn\'t keep up with the series but saw this morning that Cleveland won it... :clap: :clap:

I guess Cub fans are looking forward to another 100 or so years now... :D :D

Glad :geek: Harry :geek: didn\'t come back... :zomb:

Don\'t rush it!!

Series is still going, game 6 tonight. Cleveland is up 3 to 2 so if they win tonight they take it. They loose tonight game 7 is tomorrow and winner takes all. Cubs need to hit!!

The W is their win flag. They fly the white flag with the W on days they win

Would be kinda ironic if the Indians lose after having a 3 -1 game lead whereas the Cavs pulled off a win from a 3-1 deficit.

Cubs brought their big sticks last night!

Now, THAT was a great World Series Game 7!!! Even if not a big baseball fan, what an amazing finish to watch.

I figure Harry Caray was shouting \"Cub WIN!!!! Cubs WIN!!!! Cubs WIN!!!!\" at least a few time last night... :angle: :angle:

Both my boys loved it to... :D :D

Not being a fan of any major league baseball team, I enjoy a great baseball game last evening.... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just thought I\'d mention, not being a Cubs fan now but a Harry Caray fan when he was broadcasting baseball games, there is a video out now with Harry\'s voice calling the last out of Game 7 2016 World Series... It\'s only fitting that someone did this... :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don\'t know if Harry\'s in Heaven but if he is I bet he\'s singing \"Take me out to the ball game\" just one last time.... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

What a series, this was good for baseball. Both teams with a long drought on a championship and great games with both teams being very good.

I came home took a 2 hour nap hoping to watch the game as I leave for work at 3:15 am. I made it until it was tied up then went to bed hoping to get some sleep. I rolled around for a while and finally fell asleep getting woke up at midnight with my neighbor setting off a whole slew of fireworks I knew then that they had won. Having a handful of hours of sleep it was a rough start today.

Tomorrow morning when I leave at 3:15 am I am pulling in the neighbors driveway and laying on the horn and screaming Go Cubs Go, until a light comes on in the house.

Then I will proceeded to head to work with a smile ...... :D

\"Don K\" said:
What a series, this was good for baseball. Both teams with a long drought on a championship and great games with both teams being very good.

I came home took a 2 hour nap hoping to watch the game as I leave for work at 3:15 am. I made it until it was tied up then went to bed hoping to get some sleep. I rolled around for a while and finally fell asleep getting woke up at midnight with my neighbor setting off a whole slew of fireworks I knew then that they had won. Having a handful of hours of sleep it was a rough start today.

Tomorrow morning when I leave at 3:15 am I am pulling in the neighbors driveway and laying on the horn and screaming Go Cubs Go, until a light comes on in the house.

Then I will proceeded to head to work with a smile ...... :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back