Go Cubbies!!!

Pretty excited for him, kid is very down to earth.

My son is driving in next weekend for another one of his teammates wedding. The cards are playing the cubs next weekend and there is a handful of them going to the game if he is still up.

He has another teammate that is pitching for the Dodgers and made it up last year.

Best of luck to your son\'s friend!

But hey! Get over it! Any time you can play a game and chew tobacco at the same time, it can\'t be much of a sport! :haha: :tease:

How many of you remember when Harry Carey was the broadcaster for the Cards back in the old gas house gang days. My Grandmother knew the batting average of every one of the players. She was quite the Cardinal fan. :thewave:

oh yea, harry carry and jack buck, what a combo. well til some nefarious happenings alledged between the owners wife and harry, lol

Have to revive this...

The story of my sons friend just makes me smile. This kid has been the starting shortstop for the Cards for awhile, is now batting 3rd and has been tearing it up. Kid was a walk on at college, ended up getting drafted in the 5th round by the end of his college career and is already in the big leagues making the best of it. Could not happen to a nicer kid and at the rate hes going is going to end up with one heck of a contract......

That\'s pretty cool Don, especially considering he\'s a good kid. Nice seeing good things happen to good people!

I watch some of last nights game and he help in a big way to get the win for his team... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Yep its pretty cool.

As a Cubs fan its real tough watching the Cardinals but the wife and I have been watching and cheering him on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back