Heads Up Decoy - Giveaway!

1. Have not used decoys before, but seriously interested in trying it.
2. Yes I believe that decoys have a great potential to work!
3. During the rut to bring bulls into range for a clean/ethical shot.

No .Bit my buddy and I have been talking about it
Yes
Rut .anything for a little more distraction

1 - I always have a Decoy with me just in case.  I haven't used it much, but its a strategy that I have with me at all times. [/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]2 - I do believe it works, but it works best in conjunction with good calling and a good set-up. 3 - I have only used a decoy in the pre-rut to rut part of September.  But I would guess it could be useful into October as well. [/font]

1 I use them for turkey but never for elk.
2 Yes there?s no doubt in my mind they would work.
3 Anytime during the rut esp if you have a bull hung up that just won?t commit to coming that last 50 or 100 yards.

1. No I have not hunted big game with a decoy.
2. I think just like anything else it can be effective if used right at the right time.
3. I think it can be effective during any season. Elk are social animals therefore it should work from September to November. I think the important thing is to have a realistic expectation of what it will do for you. Don?t expect to flash it at a bull on another ridge and have him walk up within bow range. My expectations are to maybe use it draw a bull in a little closer or to buy me another few seconds to get an arrow off.

Yes.  I carried one on my first and only hunt.

Yes/I'm not sure.  So far it hasn't not worked.

My assumption is that it would work best from 3-10 days prior to the peak of the rut.  I have no first-hand experience to substantiate this l, though.

1 - Do you currently use decoys to hunt?
  I have used a decoy minimally in the past.  I haven't used one for a while now. 

2 - Do you believe decoying is an effective tactic?
  I believe decoying can be an effective tactic in certain scenarios.  I'd like to learn more about using a decoy for archery season.

3 - What part of the season do you believe is decoying most useful?
  I think using a decoy would be most useful during the rut.  Probably during the pre-rut or the first part of the rut would be a time I would think it work work the best.

I'd love to try a Head Up Decoy!

1) Yes
2) Sometimes
3) All season

I must admit that decoy placement is more important that just the use of them... It helps to be in the right place...

I haven't, but I hunt with my cousin who always has his decoy and it has proven useful.
Absolutely, in the right situation.
Likely most useful when elk are coming into calls and you didn't set up well enough to get them to come without being able to see where the calls are coming from.

1. I have not used a decoy for elk
2. Yes I'm sure they are very effective tactic
3. I'm sure they work well with the rut but I'd think more effective in the late season when you are trying to close long distances in wide open terrain.

1) Yes, mainly for antelope and turkey (dont have an elk decoy yet
2) Without a doubt, in the right situation
3) I?ve had most success early rut and thru the rut. Late season is hit and miss.

3ec1f60ce1ea40f1e961b5a358390eea.jpg

And the winner is...Bcity1976!

Congrats! I?ll send you a PM for your info. 

Keep your eyes open everyone.... the stuff we are about to giveaway in June will make your head spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back