Heads Up Decoy - Giveaway!

DTP

Administrator
Jun 13, 2017
Happy Friday, everyone!

What better way to kick off Memorial Day weekend than with a giveaway!

f8440f9faa23493dac189383a1052f32.jpg

This contest will run until 1800 MST on Sunday, May 27th. 

Entry is simple. Answer these three questions in a post and you are entered!

1 - Do you currently use decoys to hunt?
2 - Do you believe decoying is an effective tactic?
3 - What part of the season do you believe is decoying most useful?

Winner will be selected using a random number generator.

Winner will receive a Heads Up cow elk decoy!

Good luck, have fun, and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend. 

Be safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool and thanks!
1) No
2) Yes
3) Especially from the rut to the latter part of the season when the animals are more on edge and are reassured by the glimpse of the decoy

1. No. Never have used a decoy
2. Yes. I have seen videos where decoys are successfully used
3. I think the rut is the best time to use it

1. No
2. Yes
3. Anytime during archery season. I would be afraid to use it during any rifle season on public ground.

1. No
2. Yes, under the right conditions.
3. Use for calming the elk down, under high pressure situations.

1. I have a few times
2. Yes
3. I believe they can be effective any time through the season if used correctly. I hunt only public land so I wouldn't use one during firearms seasons.

Thanks for another giveaway guys!
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes decoys are effective.  Used on antelope before and I feel like it gives a little extra time for the shot as they don?t seem to bust as quickly

1. No I don't currently use decoys.
2. I really think that they could be effective and plan on using them this year.
3. Any season is a good time to use them.

Thanks for the opportunity!

1 no I haven?t used a decoy
2 yes I beleive they have there time and place
3 I think they can be effective most anytime of the year but best time to use would be just before the rut or if the animals have seen a lot of pressure from other huntes, would give them a sense of security

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No
Yes
For solo calling to help with hanging up out of bow  range

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1) Yes. 
2) Yes.  At times.
3) Anytime during archery (September).  I usually carry the Heads Up decoy strapped to my backpack and have used it as a caller when I'm trying to pull a bull down a certain trail/opening where the shooter is at.  We have also used the Montana decoys when setting up to sit over a waterhole or wallow. 

1.  Yes
2.  Yes
3.  I believe they are most effect during the peak rut but only safe during archery season. Was able to shoot a nice bull several years ago using a decoy on September 19th. The one I used then was too heavy so I haven't carried it since.

1. Yes but not for big game.
2. Yes they can be effective. Hoping to try it out this year
3. Would only use it during archery season for safety reasons

happy Memorial day weekend folks.
#1, yea, we have a Miss September.
#2yes, they can be a major tool to success
#3, i think the best time?  when boys are boys, and thinking with the little guy. just that extra tom-foolery to get the lust-drunk elk to take that extra few steps, stop a little longer, not pay attention to the hunter standing there chattering from the adrenalin overdose.....the BEST?  used with a team of hunters.  a pair.  one caller, one shooter.  the caller positions the decoy and moves in the background mirroring the elk, drawing him to the shooter.  decoy is the last minute distraction that gets the animal to stop and take a good look..ZIP!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back