High Heel Hottie

Swede

Mar 4, 2014
I have been hearing about the High Heel Hottie for awhile now and decided I wanted to get one for my son Luke, and his overgrown delinquent friend. They both love to call elk and spend some time with their feet firmly planted on the ground. Last season Luke (Olympushunt) shot a nice 5x5 after cow calling him into bow range.
I am hoping to up their game some, so I called Troy Bungay yesterday. To make a long story short, he demonstrated the HHH call for me. I kid you not; even over the phone that simple bite and blow call is the most realistic cow one I have heard. In my opinion you will not improve on it with a diaphragm. It sounds exactly like a cow elk does.
I asked Troy to quit selling the call, as it appears to take an unfair advantage of the elk. I also ordered some Orange Enrager diaphragms. I have tried them, and they are equally menacing on elk. Troy is a very nice person to deal with, and if anyone is going to order any new calls for the season, I would encourage you to try one of his. I think that High Heel Hottie is going to be extremely dangerous for the elk.
I just hope Troy tells all Oregon hunters he is out of the calls and won\'t get any new ones in until December. lol You should check and see if he is paying attention to my plea.

Yup.
I ordered 2 yesterday

Now if Swede will just TRY to call from a treestand..... :idea:

Brad, I have found a place right next to private land where I plan to cow call from. I will set up near the confluence of two draws. The elk can go either way and I am not able to cover both even though they are close. I am hoping I can prompt at least one to come my way. After all the diaphragm I will be using is called the Enrager.
Also I have not seen Stringunner on here lately, so just maybe I will call from my stand that is within 130 yards of his. Don\'t tell him. It will drive him nuts. :D

BTW: Which call(s) did you guys order?

High Heel Hottie? Not sure I like the sound of that. I don\'t need distractions out in the woods while I am trying to kill an elk. :shh:

A HHH IS A COW ELK in a very small package. At least it sounds like one. Now I know Oly, that you don\'t want to shoot a cow, but you might as well put one to work for you. I think your wife will understand if you fall in love with this HHH, when she hears her sweet cow voice. :lol:

\"Swede\" said:
Also I have not seen Stringunner on here lately, so just maybe I will call from my stand that is within 130 yards of his. Don\'t tell him. It will drive him nuts. :D

Swede, that would be going against everything you have taught me! :think:

\"Stringunner\" said:
Swede, that would be going against everything you have taught me!

Stringunner, I thought you were off scouting the area. I guess I have been caught. Anyway, I think the HHH sounds so natural you would think there was a hot cow over where I am waiting. You would wonder why she is not getting an arrow, and shutting up. :D

OK ... I\'m in ... order placed.

Brad got me to thinking more about using an external reed call, and if I\'m going to do that, I want a small one ... and so now there\'s this thread ...

Well I guess the cats out of the bag! I have been using Glacier Country Hunting Calls for the last year including last elk season, and I will tell you that he makes the best calls available for purchase. I have used most manufactures over the years and the tones and volume you can get between the diagrams and open reed calls is just AWESOME! He is a smaller USA made company that has the mentality of customers first from phone help to the product he puts out. Troy is a perfectionist in every sense. Who needs the likes of Primos when we have a Troy.

Thank you Troy

Craig

You guys are Going to love the High Heel Hottie bite call !!! You are going to have to learn to blow this call with A LOT less air than other bite calls you may be used to ! I usually start out with the black part of the call between my right index finger and thumb. I tip the sound board and reed (maybe 30- 40 degrees) this way I am not blowing spit straight down the soundboard. I also should mention that I try to blow air without any spit if I can.
My index finger almost touches my nose, and my middle finger does touch the underside of my nose,if this helps get the angle right. Then I put my 2 front teeth on the reed, but not too hard. My top teeth are close to 3/8 or so of an inch from the very tip of the soundboard and my bottom teeth are another 1/16th or so further up the soundboard toward the black end ( this is because of the angle I use.) Then I Purse my lips together and blow short bursts of air for calf sounds. I blow a little longer and a I run my teeth away from the tip up the soundboard toward the black piece easily and gently as I slightly drop my jaw to get great cow sounds. If you want to get whiney breeding or cow in heat sounds just roll the soundboard back and forth between your top and bottom teeth. Now there are many different ways to manipulate this call to get the sounds ... this is just how I do it.
The key is light pressure from your teeth. and toggle the call so your teeth can slide up or down the soundboard to get the sounds you want. the closer to the tip you bite the higher the pitch. Also moving the black o ring toward the tip makes the sound higher also. Hope this Helps ---->Troy

Here is a little audio clip I made so you can hear it in action...

Attachments

• High Heel Hottie7.m4a
    962.6 KB · Views: 974
\"flystrait\" said:
Well I guess the cats out of the bag! I have been using Glacier Country Hunting Calls for the last year including last elk season, and I will tell you that he makes the best calls available for purchase. I have used most manufactures over the years and the tones and volume you can get between the diagrams and open reed calls is just AWESOME! He is a smaller USA made company that has the mentality of customers first from phone help to the product he puts out. Troy is a perfectionist in every sense. Who needs the likes of Primos when we have a Troy.

Thank you Troy

Craig

I say Troy for President! :upthumb:

I ordered one too. I have two other externals that I like. I also ordered another diaghram call.

Thanks for the audio file and description of how to use the call Troy.

You guys talked me into ordering one to. Hope it gets here before I leave so I have a couple of days to practice with it.

My wife would probably put an end to my elk hunting days if I told her I was taking a high heel hottie, a hooche mama, and a temptress hunting with me. :haha: :mg:

The 1st fall I had these calls as prototypes I was calling them the \" Naughty Hottie\" but word got out and before I could get that going another company named a turkey call that!!! OH Well... This name is a little more PG rated anyhow,but we did have a lot of fun with marketing Ideas that fall !!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back