Time to hit those goals - CONTEST!

Been out of the loop lately. I had to spend a month away from home for work so I started doing HIIT workouts in my hotel gym. My goal was to increase cardio and that has helped tremendously.  Currently I am doing 30 minute HIIT workouts 6 days a week and when I am at work I am hitting the weights or hiking with weight on my back. I am blessed to have a job that allows me the freedom to get out and get some workouts in.

Weight is staying the same which I am pleased with, I don't need to lose any as it is.

September will be here before we know it and I am excited to fill my Missouri Breaks archery tag this year.

Keep up the good work everyone.

down to 174 just 4 more to lose. Doing 350 pushups every other day. Biking 4-5 miles a few times a week. Working on my planks. Feeling good about this September. I will be in better shape than last year.

Hit my goal today! Ran my first sub 30 5k.  29:31.  Feeling good about fitness for elk season this year....

July Update
1. Complete a half marathon: done in April
2. 50 pull ups: did 55 today finally!
3. Eat healthier/less junk food: I'm not sure there is ever an end point on this one, but I've made good progress, so I'll consider it a success for now.

Thanks for the fun contest.  It gave me a motivation and a deadline to work toward and I'm sure I wouldn't have made as much progress without it.  Best of luck to everyone in the drawing and congratulations on meeting your goals!

Adam

I K.O?D my goals. The harder I worked the easier they got. I?ve lost over 30 lbs and  am shooting like a pro. I?m tipping the scales at 183.00 lb?s and can shoot my bow consistently from 5 yards to 80 yards. I?m going to set some more new goals and see how hard I can Cameron Hanes this thing. I am looking forward to this elk season and my high country mule deer hunt, I also put in and drew an antelope buck tag in Wyoming so this should be an exciting year. Good luck with your goals everyone and ?see you at the top?

Bowhunter1 said:
Stats: as of 3-22-2019  50 years old, 5ft 10in, 178.8#

My goals:
Core... I started the 1st of march.

1: Pushups am at 150 per day now. Add 15 per week for 16 weeks and a goal of 400 on the 12th of July.

2: Planks at 1.5 minutes per day. Add 10 seconds per week goal of 4 minutes July 12.

3: 178.8# this am. Goal 170.

4: Do a lot of lunges. Start that Monday.

5: Ride my mountain bike as much as possible.

6: Do some jogging to work on cardio.

I will report weekly on Friday of progress on each item. I will be hunting some steep steep stuff this year and want to be in my best shape.

Update on Goals:

1. doing 400-500 pushups most days. Knowing when to rest on days for a bad shoulder.
2. planks up to 4 minutes. My lower back is much stronger with the pushups and planks.
3. goal 170# I weighed in at 169.6 this am. Busy as heck and not eating much helped  :lol:
4. Doing lunges occasionally and legs feel good.
5.Riding the mountain bike on gravel roads around home a few evenings a week. Just before dark when it starts to cool down this is a nice way to relax and wind down after a busy day. :-D
6. I am not much of a runner but have been doing some short jogging exercises to work on my cardio.

To sum things up I have reached my goals for fitness for this season. I will keep at it till the hunt begins. I know I will be feeling better on the mountain than I did last year. :upthumb:

80 lbs. 3.5 miles.  Felt pretty good after.  New pack frame and packing almost a ton (yes literally a ton!) of sweet cob for bears in June really helped.

paelk said:
paelk said:
paelk said:
My goal is to drop 10 lbs.  Im at 213 now.  Also build up my endurance.  8 miles on the bike today and I want to do that at least 5 times a week.

April update--  Had a setback for the last couple weeks due to my back.  Even with that I'm down to 209 lbs but the bike and workouts have been on hold.  Injection last week so fingers are crossed I can get back at it by the end of the week.

May- June update--    Back on track. down to 206 and back on the bike.  Pa turkey season helped out with hiking around with a 21 lbs in my pack..

July -- 202.8 on the bike 8 miles with 7.5 lbs on each leg.  Calling is coming along. Scouting quite a bit on the computer have a few back up spots picked out few more to go.  Come on September!!!

Well I actually pushed past my goal of hitting 175 lbs.  Sure feels good.  Hope to pull off a few more lbs before September.

Attachments

• Goal Reached.jpg
    Goal Reached.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 4
ALRIGHT.... TIME TO SELECT SOME WINNERS!

Derek and I decided to give people a MAY grace period because the site was down for over 2 weeks.

So here we go.. back with the prize announcement!

First off I want to thank everyone who participated in this contest, it seems like a lot of people were able to do some incredible things, so congrats to you all!

Whether it was losing some weight, doing tons of push ups, or a mixture of things, you all crushed it!

So let's get down to the good stuff......
....and the winners are:

CNELK- YETI TUMBLR
LANG - RMHC calls
PAELK- MTN OPS Weight loss combo
RYNO- MTN OPS Strength combo

and last, but not least....
SPAGE - VORTEX VIPER HD BINOS! :dance2: :dance2: :dance2:

Please send PM me your addresses and we will get everything shipped off to you!
Congrats again and good luck to everyone this season.  :upthumb:

Congrats to the winners and all of those who met their goals. Keep it up. You will notice the difference this fall.

WoooHooo!
Thanks for the contest guys.

I was up scouting my elk unit last week and the weight loss and workouts made a noticeable difference at 12,000?.

Keep on. Keep on.

Attachments

• 3E1A1049-F05B-4B27-BB0D-24746E1B12F7.jpeg
    3E1A1049-F05B-4B27-BB0D-24746E1B12F7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
Sweet, thank you guys so much!  Glad I checked in time to practice before I head out!

I an currently 280. I was at 297. My doc wants me at 250. I live in Co and "was" walking 3-4 miles daily. I need to restart this and use my weight machine. I would like to surpass my Doc's advice and be below 250. How much below i don't really care. I would also like to be able to hike 5 miles with a full pack (45-50lbs). I am 6'1, but am very muscular build. So I do not lose weight easily and tend I build muscle, which is very frustrating. Also I am no spring chicken. But making this public commitment will help me get off my fat butt. Thank you for this challenge.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back