Vanish and FireTiger\'s Journal - Season 5

That\'s a great story Ryan!
Just how it\'s done.
You never know when things are gonna turn in your favor.
Congrats to both of you!

Vanish, I like your stories. Good writing.

For getting a heavy pack on...Try to find a large rock or large tall deadfall next to a tree that the pack can rest on while loading the pack. Put the pack on the rock and secure to the tree while the pack is loaded. Once the pack is loaded, try to sit on the rock or deadfall and use the tree next to it to stand.

You probably already know the normal way to lift a heavy pack. Get it on a knee/quad, put one arm through, lean forward so the pack is now resting on the back and hips, loop in the other arm, strap in hip belt, etc. This is how I get my 50+ lb pack on for training on the treadmill.

Another way would be to raise the pack by hanging a rope over a tree. Attach pack to the rope, raise the pack off the ground and then strapping in. Using a carabiner to attach the pack while it is raised will make it easier to detach the rope from the pack once it is on the back.

I have had to improvise for many injuries, plus I have far less strength than you guys.

I hope you get to go hunting this weekend.

\"vanish\" said:
I just about make it where I want to be as the light is changing, so I start trying some locator bugles every 1/4 miles. Nothing responds. I was really surprised. During this period apparently I took my hat off to cool down, and somehow left it on the ground while bugling. That was my favorite hat :oops: I wasn\'t on a trail and there are tons of hat sized rocks around, so there was no hope for it (Its a camo Lamson fishing hat with built in LEDs if you find it! )

I can\'t tell you how many calls I lost this trip from running and bugling.....I have to come up with some new system because I started this trip with probably 12 diaphragms and now I have 5.....

:crazy:

I often hear stories like this, but then 4 or 5 years down the road they magically stumble across their stuff. I hope you find it someday haha

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back