What did you do today to work towards your 2019 season?

Stood on my deck in my tiny hard and shot my bow. I screwed up last weekend trying to sight in and under did the wrong screw and dropped my sight clean off the....holding thing. (Can you tell I'm a NOOB!)  :tease:  So, I'm trying to just figure out using my back to release the release. I'll get back to the range soon enough.

Oh, and I joined this forum.

Past two nights have been pretty simple: Long distance run, push ups, and sit ups!

Hit the stationary bike for about 45min today on rolling hills option, then about 10 min of stretching. Back to running again next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday, morning hike in the foothills followed by 4 mile run. Today, chest and tri's at the gym.

I didn't eat like Dan while I was turkey hunting last weekend so that should count as 4-5 really good cardio workouts....

sjl2012 said:
I didn't eat like Dan while I was turkey hunting last weekend so that should count as 4-5 really good cardio workouts....

lol!!!!!
I can be a pig!

I've been running a bunch lately in prep for a PT test.
As soon as that's over I am doing nothing, but HIIT cardio and hiking with a ruck.

This Sept will be amazing. :upthumb:

Yesterday was another great chest workout and two mile run.
I alternated every 30 seconds on the run with going up and down .5 on the treadmill.
So 30 seconds at 7.5, then 30 seconds at 8, repeat.

Just got back from another leg workout.
I'm trying to do them on Wednesdays and Sundays.

Ran 3.1 miles today and then did back, core, and push ups.

df0378dd425b099f42c25308cfbbb293.jpg

i have really commited to mtn biking more and more. 

jogging hurts my knees eventually, and i am saving that pain for the mountains.
climbing on a mountain bike is unique to me.  i can really grind up mountains.  my heart usually can red-line.  (i need to get a HR monitor).,, then a gentle recoup on a downhill, and back at it.  i am starting earlier than i ever had.  this year, i have a tag in my pocket.  more vested interest.
on my typical climb, i was stopping for a breather.  now?  i keep going, non stop.  get to the top and rest there, hydrate.  rip downhill for the fun stuff.

i do my know my cardio is getting better and better.  that is good for everything besides just chasing elk.

i need to eat less for sure. 

Boom said:
i have really commited to mtn biking more and more. 

jogging hurts my knees eventually, and i am saving that pain for the mountains.
climbing on a mountain bike is unique to me.  i can really grind up mountains.  my heart usually can red-line.  (i need to get a HR monitor).,, then a gentle recoup on a downhill, and back at it.  i am starting earlier than i ever had.  this year, i have a tag in my pocket.  more vested interest.
on my typical climb, i was stopping for a breather.  now?  i keep going, non stop.  get to the top and rest there, hydrate.  rip downhill for the fun stuff.

i do my know my cardio is getting better and better.  that is good for everything besides just chasing elk.

i need to eat less for sure.

NO ACCIDENTS THIS YEAR!

Just been working on shooting the bow and a spin class for an hour every Monday night. Now that I know I drew my tag it is time it put the pedal to the floor on conditioning!

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
TheBigShow said:
Just been working on shooting the bow and a spin class for an hour every Monday night. Now that I know I drew my tag it is time it put the pedal to the floor on conditioning!

It look like you have the shooting mastered.

Today was a nice shoulder workout, abs & core, and cardio.
:upthumb:

Waxed the string on the Hoyt. Screwed on the slick tricks and started shredding the block target. Two and a half months to archery season.  :train:

Went up and participated in a 3d shoot over the weekend.
Nice to shoot at long ranges at life size targets

Attachments

• JacksGulch.jpg
    JacksGulch.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 12
I dusted the bow off and shot a bit this morning. First time in awhile. Time to start getting after it in preparation for the fall!

Just finished a chest, core, and cardio kick!
I've been working out at 4am to get my body used to hitting high gear right when I get up.....

Those mountains are in trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back