What did you do today....

iccyman001

Apr 30, 2014
Those elk aren\'t going to carry themselves out, those blowdowns aren\'t going to move out of your way, those 30-60lb packs wont carry themselves, an those mountains don\'t have elevators..... sorry

Today I had a 3 mile run paired with a killer 45 minute arm and core workout.

So what did you do today? Will you be ready?

no excuses this year..... this is your year.

haha..

i ditched work today. yesterday did burpees under a tree i am allergic to..not smart. felt better. but still called in sick ;)

tried to go to the Post office..got caught in traffic, got in a \"Debate\" with the PO lady at the counter..drove home and hit the trails. with my slow simmer anger, i ran better than ever. got done, felt better. running is great for body and mind.

(then installed new (used) headlight on my tacoma.)

\"iccyman001\" said:
Those elk aren\'t going to carry themselves out, those blowdowns aren\'t going to move out of your way, those 30-60lb packs wont carry themselves, an those mountains don\'t have elevators..... sorry

Today I had a 3 mile run paired with a killer 45 minute arm and core workout.

So what did you do today? Will you be ready?

no excuses this year..... this is your year.

for the record, i would NOT take this shot. :)

30 minutes walking on treadmill! with 1-5% incline. Cannot do running for another 5 weeks of post-op restrictions.

Tomorrow is either happy hour or upper body weights. Dependent on how work goes. Perhaps do both.

Just came back from an early morning 4 mile run. Now off to workout shoulders at the gym :upthumb:

\"mtnmutt\" said:
30 minutes walking on treadmill! with 1-5% incline. Cannot do running for another 5 weeks of post-op restrictions.

Tomorrow is either happy hour or upper body weights. Dependent on how work goes. Perhaps do both.

Keep healing up nice and strong :upthumb:
I love walking, it\'s one of my favorite things to do.

\"Olympushunt\" said:
Ate some elk jerky I made.....does that count for ANYthing? :D
It only counts if you share with everyone :D

\"Scot320\" said:
Five mile bike
One mile walk
Some core work

Nice!

I do think he has an ear tag.

\"elky McElkerson\" said:
for the record, i would NOT take this shot. :)

:lol:

Just my usual morning workout ... this morning was yoga. I had to skip my morning workout on Wednesday and man, I felt tired on the way to work.

I generally \"exercise\" 4-5x per week, and try to do something exertional on the other days.

Now, if we\'re talking about elk hunting, what I really need to be doing is ... shooting.

And working, to pay for the time off and a few specks of new gear.

Did some shooting yesterday and today I weighed my pack to make sure it didn\'t weigh 30-60lbs! :D

I feel like a real slug. I went for a 3 mile walk, then I came back here to harass. I think it is the harassing that keeps me going.

every work day, i eat oatmeal (plain steel cut, w raisins and cinnamon) for breakfast. every lunch. a dark green salad, lighty dressed.

TODAY? everyone in the office wanted to hit up a newly opened burger joint. i joined in. had a burger w fries, and an unsweet tea. i feel like crap!! i am blown away. sluggish, sleepy, bloated...wtf?

i hope and pray i have the energy to do my jog tonight. not looking good. fast food is born of the Devil. :) stupid friday go out to lunch day. argh.

Not a damn thing! I injured my foot doing stairs at work. I wear Goodfeet inserts and didn\'t put the Velcro stays in a new athletic show before my stair workout. The insert (hard plastic) must have slid forward in the shoe and settled underneath the last joint of my middle toes. Didn\'t really feel it during the stair workout (5 sets of 7 flights), but that night I felt it. I kept \"working through the pain\" for another month (working out 3-5 days a week) in the gym and the foot always hurt, but I thought it would just get better and I could just ignore the pain - well it didn\'t get better. Started hurting with just normal walking - it was very tender and painful on every step, to the point I knew I had to get off of it.

I decided to play doctor and borrowed my friend\'s immobilization boot and my brother\'s portable electronic stimulus machine. I\'ve been in the boot for a week and about 5 days with the stim. I haven\'t worked out for 2 weeks, as I know I will just push myself and hurt it again, so I am staying out the gym and trying to just let this heal. Been icing it as well and it is getting better. Hopefully another week or two and I\'ll be back to normal. I\'m also coaching my son\'s soccer team, so I\'ll try not to do too much at practice.

Good job everyone on your workouts - well, except maybe for Brad\'s new age training methods...

Okay, now I have to ask since no one else commented...do some of you really lug around 30-60lb packs? I can see that for those of you that spike camp in, but there are only a few of those folks on here I think. Or were you referencing a pack full of elk meat Dan? If that\'s the case, I don\'t care how much the pack weighs at that point! But my day pack sure doesn\'t weigh anything close to 30lbs prior to adding elk meat.

\"cohunter14\" said:
Okay, now I have to ask since no one else commented...do some of you really lug around 30-60lb packs? I can see that for those of you that spike camp in, but there are only a few of those folks on here I think. Or were you referencing a pack full of elk meat Dan? If that\'s the case, I don\'t care how much the pack weighs at that point! But my day pack sure doesn\'t weigh anything close to 30lbs prior to adding elk meat.

Yes, Dan more than willing to share elk jerky. :wave:

My last spike camp I took an almost 60lber pack in but I have a bad habit of being a kitchen sink kinda guy. Probably not smart as I\'m not a large dude. But, I don\'t want to go back to the truck for anything unless I\'m dropping off meat. :dk: My day pack is significantly lighter though. I have never weighed it. I\'m like 5\' 6\" 145lbs and my meat pack out was close to 100. I thought that might kilt me though. I wanted to go much lighter but my buddy told me it would just mean I have to go back for more meat. That talked me into it.

When I backpack in, my pack is typically around 50-60lbs, without weapon weight (add say 10lbs for my rifle and 7 for my bow). My pack in for a 9 day hunt was 77lbs with rifle this past year. The season will aslo dictate if you need more clothes for colder hunts. Once we get to a base camp, then most everything is left in camp. My daypack, whether backpacking in or day hunts from a wall tent, will be anywhere from 20-40lbs. Again this depends on what gear I want to bring in. A spotter and tripod add around 8lbs real quick. When I day hunt, I do not hike back to base camp, I stay out all day, so items like my stove and food are with me.

When I train, I don\'t do it with weighted packs. My knees hurt too much anymore going downhill with weight. I try to do all of my conditioning without weights on my back, in order to save my knees for when I need to pack out meat. At work I will do the stairs going up, but then take the elevator down.

\"cohunter14\" said:

Oh no... I am talking about straight up pack, no elk meat.....
My pack is always heavy...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back