What did you do today....

Believe it or not, but my elk hunt was easier to train for than this mule deer hunt I starting October 31st.

I am looking at 4-5 miles hiking in before I can even start hunting everyday, then if I put one down it will be a LONG pack out.
So endurance training, leg training, and hiking is about to pick up greatly!
One thing I noticed on my elk hunt too was my core was weaker than I would have liked to be. I think that was due to the surgery, but core workouts will pick up too :D

Good luck to everyone hunting and still training for their hunts. :upthumb:

Getting my gear together, as I finally get to hunt for myself this weekend in a unit I have never hunted! I\'ve been helping friends and family since the beggining of archery season here in Colorado.

I get this weekend to hunt for my list B archery cow, then off again to help my buddy on his archery bull tag for the last week of archery season. Been keeping up on my cardio the last few days - stairmaster, rowing, jogging, abs/core and versaclimber work.

I just dumped all my old clothing. Bought one new suit. My old suits. Size 46. New suit?? SIZE 40!!!!!

I have a pic of me wearing an old dress shirt. I\'m blown away.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

\"Baby Huey\" said:
Getting my gear together, as I finally get to hunt for myself this weekend in a unit I have never hunted! I\'ve been helping friends and family since the beggining of archery season here in Colorado.

I get this weekend to hunt for my list B archery cow, then off again to help my buddy on his archery bull tag for the last week of archery season. Been keeping up on my cardio the last few days - stairmaster, rowing, jogging, abs/core and versaclimber work.

Good luck on your hunt! :upthumb:

\"elky McElkerson\" said:
I just dumped all my old clothing. Bought one new suit. My old suits. Size 46. New suit?? SIZE 40!!!!!

I have a pic of me wearing an old dress shirt. I\'m blown away.

Sent via Jedi mind trick.

Congrats, Cliff!!! :upthumb:
It\'s a good feeling!

Last night was core and a long walk.

This morning was a solid back workout.
Tonight will be another long walk and DOVE HUNTING.

My goal is to be doing about 8-10 miles a day with a pack on come mid October. I\'ve also really been focusing on my chicken legs and doing legs 2x a week.
That way my mule deer hunt doesn\'t seem so bad. :wtf: :shock:

Finished packing SUV. Shot bow. Touched up some BHs. Watched football. Changed battery on my new $2300 right hearing aid. This new hearing aid better hear bugling & those bulls better bugle.

Truck is packed, waiting on the wifey to get off work so i can say goodbye. It\'s going to be an interesting 9 days! So many variables this year...i may or may not be solo for this trip.

I am heading to town to pick up a few things food wise and oil and filter for the pickup. Going to load up this evening and head out in the morning again. My cousin might come back out Tuesday again also.

Thanks everyone.

Good luck to everyone still hunting. Go get\'em!

Francis good see your are heading out again. Safe travels.

Yes Derek I\'m heading back to Colorado. Can\'t wait to get back out there. My first trip was way to short.

Good luck to you to Patricia. I really hoping you connect this week.

remember my run in with the rabid mtn bikers on that trail?

well, i rode my mountain bike on that same trail. i stopped for pedestrians. got to the top and saw that the park rangers are starting operation \"fumigate mountain bikers\" they put fences across key trail portions..and put boulders across the single track.

i asked. lots of trail runners/walkers got run off the trail by the same group of guys. they organized and went to city council. game over.

time to find a new spot. i\'ll still jog that portion.

Yesterday was a chest, core and long walk day with bow shooting.

Today is back, abs, long walk, sprints, and shooting!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back