2016 Deer Meat Pole

francis, great deer. i didnt know you were in mo, i assume down by macks creek, wish i had known you were here, i live about 15 miles from there, woulda loved to had a visit

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->IMG_1469a.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]Youngest son shot a 5 point during the youth hunt - hot and windy day. Never know what weather you will get here.

--Mitch

Congrats to your boy, Mitch... :clap: :upthumb: :clap: :upthumb:

A fine looking buck and some good table fare also... :D :D

Yes - it was good sized for how young it was. He\'s killed a lot bigger racked bucks in previous years, but hadn\'t seen anything all day - and we hunted all day in 80 degree plus temps. This guy came by his stand at 6:00 and he said he couldn\'t pass it. Told him I didn\'t care about how big it was, if you want to shoot, then shoot. He shot it at a pretty severe quartering toward him angle.

--Mitch

Figured I would head out bow hunting one last time this morning before focus shifts to duck hunting and was able to fill the freezer. He was quartering towards my stand about 30 yards out. Could tell he was broken off on one side, but a mature MO buck nonetheless. Placed my pin right behind his shoulder blade and started pulling through waiting for the arrow to find its mark. Made a perfect shot and he feel after running about 50 yards. Now time to get ready for the the duck opener Saturday morning!!

Congrats to your son Mitch! :upthumb:

Nice buck Charlie! Congrats! :upthumb:

\"N&N Waterfowl\" said:
Figured I would head out bow hunting one last time this morning before focus shifts to duck hunting and was able to fill the freezer. He was quartering towards my stand about 30 yards out. Could tell he was broken off on one side, but a mature MO buck nonetheless. Placed my pin right behind his shoulder blade and started pulling through waiting for the arrow to find its mark. Made a perfect shot and he feel after running about 50 yards. Now time to get ready for the the duck opener Saturday morning!!

How did I miss this? CONGRATS!!! :upthumb:

Got r done in Nebraska this morning.
On way home now.
Story and more pics later!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back