2017 season what did you do today/workout thread....pt.3

I am still trying to figure out what, exactly, the cause was. I first felt it when putting some heavier dumbbells back on the rack. I try to focus on getting my butt back when I do that, but I guess I must have moved weird. It initially started in my hip, but the pain moved into the lower back. Since then it\'s been a wild goose chase trying to determine the cause. I have had knots in the middle of my back and even over in my lat that have been triggering pain in my hip and low back.

One of the only things I\'m taking from it is that I might need to just lay off the heavier dumbbells. But the crappy part of doing that is I really don\'t have another way to work my chest at my gym. They don\'t have barbells where you can load plates on them, so I\'m not sure what to really do. Maybe it\'s a good thing though...I had been hitting the weights pretty hard and bulking up a bit but I almost feel like I should be doing the opposite and trying to slim down a little more. It sure would make things a bit easier during the hunt if I was 10-15 pounds lighter!

PT test today and then a 4 day weekend.
I\'ve been putting such a hurting on my body (in a good way)

So I might take a nice easy couple of days.
I\'ll just hiking in KY, set up some tree stands, and wish I was in NM!

I put in 650 pushups, some lunges with a 2 year old on one hip and a 4.5 year old on the other, then a 4.9 mile bike ride yesterday. Feeling good. :)

I hadn\'t checked this thread for awhile..... :oops:
I was glad to meet you and your friends nick! I had a pretty successful race this year! almost made it to 300 total participants! I see it growing even bigger next year, so come check it out :D its only a few more miles farther north than Rochester :upthumb:
I finally got my bow back, it had been 2 months, for bear to send a new cam and bearings. but it was warrantied!!!! so I am finally back to shooting.
put 30 pounds in my pack and walked around and did some squats with it on.

Whats up guys!!

I started following the <!-- w --><a class=\"postlink\" href=\"http://www.soflete.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;\">www.soflete.com</a><!-- w --> Stamina program about a year ago. It is designed exactly for the type of hunting we do in the mountains. Different cycle every 12 weeks too. New programming just started this week. Owned by SOF active and inactive vets. Only 25.00 per month if any of yall want to check it out. Mixes weights, sandbag training and some running. Best program i have ever been a part of , and definitely the best results!

It has worked out great for doing Train To Hunt events and Alpha Bowhunting events as well.

Shot my first 3D shoot every today! It was a ball and I achieved my goal.....

My goal was to not miss any targets and I didn\'t miss!
I was 1 point away from coming in third. :upthumb:

my triathlon is coming up on Saturday. I will have three weeks to rest up afterwards, before we head out ;)

Been continuing to do a lot more cardio than in years past ever since I hurt my back. The back is 100% now, but it just made me realize that it might be worth doing more cardio than weights even though I\'m not a huge cardio fan.

One question for you guys who do hikes with weighted packs: are you using older packs that you don\'t use anymore, a basic backpack, or your current hunting pack? I would like to do some weighted hikes/walks/runs, but I don\'t really want to put a bunch of wear on my hunting pack, especially since I sweat a lot. And throwing weight in a regular backpack means all the weight rests on my shoulders instead of hips. Just curious to know what you guys do.

Derek, I use an older, smaller pack if I have just a little weight and don\'t worry about the sweat. When I am working with a heavy load I use my hunting pack and try to do it when it is cooler. I usually head out about dark or just before in the summer when it starts to cool a little. My newer pack is a Kuiu Icon Pro 3200. It is a lot cooler than my older Badlands 2200. That is one of the reasons for the upgrade. Plus the Kuiu is 1 pound lighter :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back