Big News Coming!!!

cnelk

Mar 23, 2017
Got a text from Daniel

Says that two site members have drawn blood!!!

Stay tuned!

Stories for tomorrow.
I\'d love to say where I killed this, but think of it as Otc elk areas.
This Otc Barbary area is gold.

And after this last year or having people not keep my secrets a secret, I\'m being a little more tight lipped :)

Congratulations guys! Interesting looking terrain.

Dan, we\'re going to take up a collection for you so you can purchase some pants that go all the way to the ground! :lol:

Congrats to both of you... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

I figured that Dan was running and gunning so fast he ran out of his pants since I have some UA underwear that kind of look like those... :wave: :wave:

Did you wash them any time this season??? You do know you ain\'t suspose to wash your top layer huntin clothes till after the season. :D :D

They are under armor!!!!
Guess that are my good luck shorts :lol:

I think you all know by now I don\'t dress traditionally :wave:

I may as well tell the story, that way I can answer most of the questions. (Like your shot one, Gary)

Ltsheets and myself decided we wanted to do some OTC barb hunting, so we were up at 1:45 Sat morning and blitzed out to a spot.
We spent the first part of the day hiking around and getting to an area that held barb. About 6 miles and quite a few hours later, WE SAW THEM.
Ltsheets would confirm, but I STARTED GETTING SUPER EXCITED.

Originally we only saw one, but he has been barb hunting before and told me that more are definitely around. He was right.
We crawled up to about 280 yards from the barb and then we saw another!
They started to just mill around, so we continued our crawl in. We found this nice perch that had us about 250 yards away. We were laying prone and slopped down and we had nothing, but time.
Because nothing is that easy, it got a little interesting after that. We wanted to take both of our shots at the same time, but only one came out into the open for a shot. After a few minutes of talking, it was decided I was going to take the shot.

I lined up, shot and the canyon erupted. I hit mine, but tough of an animal as it is, the thing started running towards me.... odd, but inside these areas everything just echoes and they had no idea where it was coming from.

I reloaded and waited.I fired again and it went down.
Reloaded and I waited.....

At this time I heard something odd over to my right. \"Logan, do you hear rocks moving?\"
He was already getting up to run over before I even finished my sentence because he knew what it was... more sheep.
Within 15 seconds I heard BOOM and a \"DID THAT JUST HAPPEN?\"

A group had run directly towards us and he was able to drop his in place at 112 yards.

Words can\'t even describe how unbelievable this whole experience was.....
We spent the rest of the day in disbelief, shock, all while sitting on cloud nine.

We quartered them, packed up and made our LONG journey out.
Today is definitely an advil and cold shower day. :upthumb:

I also forgot to mention I found a really cool horn from another sheep. It was only a few yards away from where mine fell.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back