Time to hit those goals - CONTEST!

May update (tried to post yesterday, but had trouble with the forum)
1. Finish a half marathon: completely last month.
2. 50 pull ups: up to 25.
3. Eat healthier/less junk food: making good progress.  I stopped drinking pop and substituted water.

aes7.5x55 said:
May update (tried to post yesterday, but had trouble with the forum)
1. Finish a half marathon: completely last month.
2. 50 pull ups: up to 25.
3. Eat healthier/less junk food: making good progress.  I stopped drinking pop and substituted water.

There were some upgrades that happened, we will absolutely be giving grace to the contest for people who were not able to post in the last half of May!

May update:

Haven?t touched the weighted pack but have been running weekly. Started out with a 7:10 mile while walking some of it. Last week was down to 6:27.

Also plan on doing more hiking for BHA hike to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got on the scale today and saw 180.  Making progress on getting down to 175.  Who knows, maybe I can get to 170.

Started feeding bears, so adds up to anywhere from 55-70lbs. not too far maybe two 1/4 mile jaunts but with some good steep hills involved.

paelk said:
paelk said:
My goal is to drop 10 lbs.  Im at 213 now.  Also build up my endurance.  8 miles on the bike today and I want to do that at least 5 times a week.

April update--  Had a setback for the last couple weeks due to my back.  Even with that I'm down to 209 lbs but the bike and workouts have been on hold.  Injection last week so fingers are crossed I can get back at it by the end of the week.

May update--    Back on track. down to 206 and back on the bike.  Pa turkey season helped out with hiking around with a 21 lbs in my pack..

I have reached my Weight Goal of 165 lbs. Now my goal is to stay there. I have also accomplished a 70lb. training pack walk for 2 miles and my goal now is to do this at least once per week to maintain my condition as well as longer lighter hikes including some solo overnight scouting trips. Inspired :train:

Goal Accomplished

Down to 168.4 from 175.4 on March 22.

Now it?s shooting the bow, squats and hiking with my pack

Attachments

• E3618668-74E2-4F2E-8597-B442B6BD77AA.jpeg
    E3618668-74E2-4F2E-8597-B442B6BD77AA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 4
cnelk said:
Goal Accomplished

Down to 168.4 from 175.4 on March 22.

Now it?s shooting the bow, squats and hiking with my pack

Awesome drop, Brad!

Great job Brad....

I am down 5 pounds in the last week. I have 8 more I want to lose. Biking 5 miles a few nights a week. I will be ready come September. :upthumb:

I'm down 7lbs with 6lbs to go before July 15th. I've been staying consistent in getting to the gym and the body feels great. As I get closer to the season, I'm going to transition into more cardio and less weights, so that should definitely help the weight come off. If things keep progressing, this is going to be my best year physically in a long, long time.

I have been eating clean and no sugar. Working 6 10 hour days mining and hiking on the weekends I've gone from about 225 to 190. I am shooting consistently at 70 yards and now grouping in the bullseye at 80 yards with my bow. I feel great and am going to keep pushing myself. Good luck everyone and #keephammering

Still riding my bike to work on strengthening my knees from the car wreck. A torn PCL is not the easiest thing to rehab. It takes a lot of work strengthening the muscles around it to compensate for what it used to do. But working on it. Drew a great archery tag and researching the area. Getting in shape for scouting as it looks like for that area it will be crucial to backpack in to set up camp and hunt from there. Migraines will still be something to work around. All anyone can do is set goals and do our best to work towards them. Keep on truckin elk nation.

paelk said:
paelk said:
paelk said:
My goal is to drop 10 lbs.  Im at 213 now.  Also build up my endurance.  8 miles on the bike today and I want to do that at least 5 times a week.

April update--  Had a setback for the last couple weeks due to my back.  Even with that I'm down to 209 lbs but the bike and workouts have been on hold.  Injection last week so fingers are crossed I can get back at it by the end of the week.

May update--    Back on track. down to 206 and back on the bike.  Pa turkey season helped out with hiking around with a 21 lbs in my pack..

June update--  Hit 203 yesterday now just got to stay at that or drop a few more before September and get my calling down also. 

spage said:
spage said:
Great contest! My goal is to lose 10 lbs or more. Right now I broke the 200 mark and am 202. I would like to get down to 190 by July 15th.

April Update- I have been going to the gym more consistently and with this warmer weather have been doing more hikes. Also am playing basketball twice a week. I feel like I am in better shape but haven't lost any weight yet.

Well not sure how but I guess I missed May. Anyways June update- Started running a couple times a week as well biking and am down to 196. I still have 6 lbs to go before July 15th but I am a lot more active and have really improved my eating habits.

June update:
1. Finish a half marathon: completed in April.
2. 50 pull ups: up to 40. I'm going to get there eventually!
3. Eat healthier/less junk food: hard to measure,  but I've been doing better. Still a work in progress.

Finished June hitting the goal with a 60# pack at 14:49 but it was tough.  Not so much the weight but 4mph is a brisk pace to maintain even on flat land. That won?t be happening in the mountains with changing elevations unless it?s downhill.

Still plan to keep this going and continue to build endurance doing some cardio activity 5-6 days a week leading up to the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back