What did you do today to work towards your 2019 season?

DTP

Administrator
Jun 13, 2017
Similar to last year?s thread....
Let?s run a community log of what everyone is going to prep for their 2019 season.

Shooting, physical conditioning, etc. 
Everything is welcome!

Come on in for some motivation!

I walked the dog this morning for the 1st time in a couple of days...  :clap: :grin:

Saut?d elk steaks in butter with Montreal seasoning, made some rice pilaf, and poured a few drams of single malt scotch after dinner :train: . Probably not the best for me, put a smile on my face though :-D

I herniated a disc about a week and a half before Christmas.  Was hard to walk or sit for more than a minute for a couple weeks due to really bad sciatica.  Have been working hard on PT exercises and have gotten to the point where I can walk 20 minutes on the treadmill, using side rails for support and short breaks at times.  I'm also hitting the power rack with lightweight squats and Romanian deadlifts to carefully work my posterior chain and core.  Making progress each day.

I had been consistently running and lifting up until that point, so this is a big reset button but I will be ready for fall and hope to be stronger than ever.

I try to get in a dog walk nightly, I aim for at least 7500 steps a day. 
Walking to and from train for work helps with the steps.

I need to focus on strength and cardio for a western hunt.

Currently at 228 and 6?4.  Want to get back to 210 or less before my next hunt.

Hope to reply back with positive results!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doing my part this -10 degree morning helping fawn and calf recruitment.
560yd shot.

Attachments

• D1762A16-F886-411E-90EA-A7B660DA6493.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 28
Today was a leg workout, some cardio, hiking and camera checking, and messing around with the two dozen arrows I just ordered!

Hitting the gym, daily. 10 minutes run on treadmill followed by 50 minutes heavy lifting. When weather permits, trading gym for 3 mile street run. Can't wait for warmer weather!

Just wrapped up Land of the Free 2.0 and feeling impatient as I await September. 

Warm up with...3 sets of:
8 Air Squats
8 Pushups
100 yd jog
4 hydrants each side

Workout:50 loaded jump squats (30 lb pack)
50 loaded air squats (30 lb pack)
50 unloaded jump squats
50 unloaded air squats
Then:
Loaded pack (30 lb) ruck for 35 minutes

Last two days:
1) 3 sets of - 5 min bike followed by 5 min weighted pack step ups (30 lb) - 30 min total
    Max pull ups then max push ups
    3 sets of 50% of max pullups then 50% of max push ups
    1 set of 25% of max pullups then 25% of max push ups
    5 sets of 12 curls w/ 30lb pack then 12 bench dips

2) 10/10/10 min Cardio - Bike, row machine, then stair stepper
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]    15 minutes of abs (45 sec on 15 sec rest for 14 sets, then 1 min plank)[/font]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back