What did you do today to work towards your 2019 season?

I started a 15 day course of Prednisone. Luckily there?s no PED testing in the elk hunting world. What was initially diagnosed as scabies last Wednesday has since been diagnosed as poison ivy/oak after a second opinion or two. So now that I?m being correctly treated I should be on the mend in a week or less. I did get a workout in last Thursday (post ?scabies? treatment) but the blisters are now on my palms as well as the back of my hands, and definitely pick up in itchiness during any heat or physical exertion. In 6 hours the prednisone has already knocked out the itch so I?m hoping in 3-5 days and I?ll be back on track, hopefully with a little extra oomph in my workouts.  :-D

cnelk said:
Over the weekend I went up to some OTC areas, set 2 trail cameras, built a ground blind, and walked up on a calf elk [see pic below] and watched some cow elk in a hay meadow.

Looks good!

This morning was a great leg workout and cardio (25 minutes high incline hike)

Today was shoulders, core, push ups, and a 50 minute inclined faster paced walk on the treadmill!  :upthumb:

40 target 3D shoot today. It was a close shoot, a ton of fun!
1aa2e7ec0e6f4f8263498f633726f0e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Behindthehunter said:

Nice shots!
The turkeys are always my arched nemesis!

DTP said:
Behindthehunter said:

Nice shots!
The turkeys are always my arched nemesis!

Me too! If you look close, the top arrow is mine (white wraps), I?m out of the 10 ring by a less than a 1/4?

Today was back day, core, and 45 minutes of cardio!!!!
I'm getting antsy as can be, but at least I get to have some fun in the mountains next week.

Easy day. Yard work, mowed the lawns, shot 30 arrows inside a 2? dot @20 yds. 6 arrows for each round. Totally working on form.

This morning was 32 minutes of cardio and this evening will be bow time!
Short work week and then it's off to UTAH for some fun at the RMEF Elk camp!

Another morning in the gym and more shooting the bow. Finally got my new sight on and adjusted and got the sight tape on it. Shot out to 100 yards this morning...never shot that far before, but I can see how it's great practice!

60 arrows last night in groups of six. Felt good last night, a little burn this morning. Progress!! :train:

A little birthday run this morning and planning to shoot 50-60 arrows after a cup of coffee!
14a7038b399a857064ea94f7e07d4893.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back