Who got a NM tag

New member here, I drew 34 1st archery,been reading this site for a while but just registered.

Great unit!  I drew it last year.  You should be on bulls no problem. I know the north section pretty well.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jacack said:
New member here, I drew 34 1st archery,been reading this site for a while but just registered.

Welcome to the site Jacack!  :upthumb:
To double on what woodardd said, GREAT UNIT!

Some beautiful country out there and some really nice bulls. Good luck and have fun.  :upthumb:

Unit 34 bull last year..  friend of a friend.  Real close to where we were hunting. 
3e84574b3f3acd244ae5361843944691.jpg

That is a beautiful bull!!!  :upthumb:

The bull used for this contest is also a 34 bull.

http://www.elk101.com/forums/index.php/topic,7975.0.html

I have been trying for years in nm and had 10points in wy this year and was planning on going there but didn't draw so to say i am excited is a understatement as i had no idea i would get one in nm.

I am planning to drive out and get out a day or two early and stay/ camp as long as i need.

i have just started looking at the unit so any help would be awesome.

names Jared

woodardd said:
Great unit!  I drew it last year.  You should be on bulls no problem. I know the north section pretty well.  Let me know if you have any questions. 

DTP said:
DRUSS said:
We drew 45. Pretty excited first time going to new Mexico.  Looks like some good backpacking areas to get into the wilderness.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You'll definitely be able to get off the road in that unit!
Has anyone used a packer for access in 45? We are looking into this as option.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Second that.  I still pray for that tag one day.  Let us know how it goes Rich!

Congrats to all that drew tags this year. Maybe next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks..time for some conditionings I understand it can be some rough country
What are the thoughts on 1st Archery vs later hunts?

Rich said:
Thanks..time for some conditionings I understand it can be some rough country
What are the thoughts on 1st Archery vs later hunts?

I've hunted first archery the past 4 seasons in a row in NM. It's one of my favorites.

Bulls will still be talking. Typically they will be bugling from sun up to around 9, but I killed one last year that I found bugling at 6:30am and finally stopped when I shot him at 10 something.

Bulls will respond more to locator bugles than anything.

Water/wallows are a hot commodity.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Etc... etc... nothing you probably already don't know. It's a great hunt and you are really in for a treat. [/font] :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back