Who got a NM tag

I?ve been fortunate in the NM elk draw so far, three tags out of five years entering.  2015, 2017 and 2018.  I know people, all NM residents, who have been putting in for 20+ years without drawing once. 

addictedtoantlers said:
I?ve been fortunate in the NM elk draw so far, three tags out of five years entering.  2015, 2017 and 2018.  I know people, all NM residents, who have been putting in for 20+ years without drawing once.

I?ve got similiar luck as you with NM draws  :upthumb:

addictedtoantlers said:

I have to ask, are those individuals applying only for high demand hunts?

TLowell02 said:

No, not really.  I?ve drawn GMU 17 (which is a great unit as far as I?m concerned, but not the Gila) three out of five years, and that?s the same unit they?ve been putting in for.  I think the successful draw odds for the hunt I put in for is in the 7-8% range, so I do consider myself a very lucky individual.  It?s almost like winning the Powerball when you see the green successful block glowing when you finally get onto the NMGF website the day the results are posted  :dance2:

TLowell02 said:
addictedtoantlers said:

This will be my 5th year in a row in the same unit. It's not a top tier unit, but it's not a low end either... middle of the road..

Time to go thru my gear and get everything in line. Drew 16B / 22 going to hunt all 14 days Sept 1-14.. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Rich said:
Time to go thru my gear and get everything in line. Drew 16B / 22 going to hunt all 14 days Sept 1-14.. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas.

That?s a great tag, congrats!

Rich said:
DTP,

have you hunted this unit before?

Personally no, just lots of buddies who have!
Great unit, great elk, just have to work a little for it!

Good luck  :upthumb:

tb80 said:
Has anyone ever hunted Unit 58?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My fianc? is the tag holder but we'll be hunting it this fall. First time for elk in this unit, she drew a deer tag previously.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back