Camp Whack - AK - Moose 2016 - Story & Pics

Day 4.....

Text from Brad 12:34 AM CDT 9:34 AM their time: More action this morning bulls grunting & cows calling but no dice - Brad Knutson

Getting closer and today has just started....

Day 4 text from Brad at 6:02 PM CDT or 3:02 PM AKDT-------------

More moose grunts near camp. All encounters within 200Yds of tent. Just a matter of time - Brad Knutson

They have several more hours of daylight today.... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Sounds like Brad is ready to seal the deal... :D :D

My feeling may just come true.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I feel like a kid in a candy store getting to report all this as it happens.... Camp Wacky - AK - Moose 2016... :lol: :lol:

Day 4 close to being over...

10:22 PM CDT or 7:22 PM AKDT Brad text...

More action cows with bulls. Noose is tightening but time is limited fly out sunday - Brad Knutson

Still time left today...

Another short text-----

Another hour - Brad Knutson :D :D

I\'m staying up till midnight tonight... :lol: :lol:

The game is like chess ... but with the addition of a \"final buzzer\" clock, from the sounds of it.

Many hunts come down to the last day or two, but Brad\'s usually are the FIRST day or two! I hope the moose get moving around there. Where they are, it\'s not like he\'s has a lot of mobility. The moose have to come to him.

Day 5 has been going for a couple of hours and no text yet... :silent: :silent:

Brad was kinda at a disadvantage since he had on boots on the ground scouting for this hunt and had to do that as he hunted...

I still have confidence he will kill a BIG bull moose this hunt.... :D :D

Earlier, he mentioned that he needed to get done by Sunday, as the plane would be returning.

I was thinking his hunt was planned for a longer time.

Anyone know more about this?

\"Deertick\" said:
Earlier, he mentioned that he needed to get done by Sunday, as the plane would be returning.

I was thinking his hunt was planned for a longer time.

Anyone know more about this?

I thought it was too, John... :? :? I thought he said 10 day hunt.... Don\'t know if he meant 10 days total time he was gone or 10 days hunting...

I\'ll ask the next time I text him...

Wow!!!! That was quick... Brad must have been listening... :D :D

Just got a text from Brad....

Great morning cow right by camp went up & called in a bull to 8 steps too small got it on video ! - Brad Knutson

Ya\'ll know Brad... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I think he\'s just teasing us since he\'s in video mode now... :lol: :lol:

What do ya\'ll think???? :lol: :lol:

I did text him back, John asking ----- Thought you had 10 day. Why leave Sunday? :shh: :shh:

I\'ll see what kind of response I get.... :haha: :haha:

Brad\'s reply ------ Long Story - Brad Knutson

Day 5 continues.....

Update last text middle of afternoon here.... Ya\'ll can be the judge... :D :D

In Reach still at 56% since Sunday awesome unit. I hope everyone is enjoying the updates - Brad Knutson

Day 5 11:22 PM CDT text received----- :tease: :tease: :tease:

Big Bull Down with rifle - Brad Knutson

:thewave: :thewave:

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
Day 5 11:22 PM CDT text received----- :tease: :tease: :tease:

Big Bull Down with rifle - Brad Knutson

:thewave: :thewave:

[emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 6...........

I was asleep last night when I got \"THE TEXT\" but figure ya\'ll would want to know since I was going teal hunting this morning.... As for the teal hunt, so far we\'ve been 3 times and killed 3 teal... They are just not here when we can go so far this year... :( :(

OK back to Brad.... I left out a little of last night\'s text for some reason :lol: so I\'ll post the complete text again this morning... I haven\'t heard from them this morning but figure they are packing meat...

The complete text from last night --------

Big Bull Down with rifle 60in - Brad Knutson

So it appears to be a good un.... :clap: :clap:

Now all we have to do is wait until Brad gets home and teases us for several days or weeks to get \"the rest of the story\"... :D :D

With 56% left on his InReach he ought to be texting everyone.... :haha: :haha:

Update Day 6--------

6:16 PM CDT or 3:16 PM AKDT: Text from Brad------

7 hrs all meat and rack at camp. Tape measure says 60 1/2 wide . - Brad Knutson

Sounds like a tough day of packing....

Day 7 7:15 AKDT---- It\'s in more than likely underway by now....

With fly out tomorrow I have no idea what they are doing and really don\'t expect a text today... But time will tell... :D :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back