Deer hunting update thread

\"iccyman001\" said:
Who else is heading out soon?

There is a small chance I will get out this weekend if my buddy tags out his elk early.
Otherwise it may be next weekend! :dance2:

I will sit a stand tomorrow night and Saturday am. This will be my first deer hunts of the year. Come the end of October and most of November I will hunt every night and weekend mornings. I have plenty of time it just needs to cool off a bit for me.

\"bowhunter\" said:
I will sit a stand tomorrow night and Saturday am. This will be my first deer hunts of the year. Come the end of October and most of November I will hunt every night and weekend mornings. I have plenty of time it just needs to cool off a bit for me.

Good luck, Terry!
Feel free to text me from the stand after you fire an arrow! :wave:

\"iccyman001\" said:
Who else is heading out soon?

There is a small chance I will get out this weekend if my buddy tags out his elk early.
Otherwise it may be next weekend! :dance2:

I believe Brad is heading to NE this weekend. I wont\' be surprised if something dies :upthumb: I\'m heading to a new area in WY this weekend with a doe lope tag but I\'m counting the days till Nov. 6 when I head to IL. I\'ll be on a good friends land which hasn\'t had a foot set on it in two years. Should be very good.

Good luck, Terry!

Yepper...
Im headed to lower elevations and will be sitting in a stand maybe Friday night, but Saturday morning for sure.
It will be a recon weekend. Checking my camera that has been out since early June, setting up another stand location, and getting into WT mode.

The last time I bowhunted WT was 12 years ago, any new tips I should know??? :)

Headed back out east on Friday for a long weekend of sitting in a tree.
With the current rain and higher temps, Friday starts with steady cooler [60s high 30s low] more stable conditions [sunny] and wind light and variable

Oh yeah....

The buck I shot was all ready checking does and his neck was swollen.

The old timers around here always said you could tell how bad the winter was going to be by the amount of fat the deer have on them. My deer looked like a hog when I took the hide off.

Hope to get an opportunity at one of these bucks when in OK over Thanksgiving.[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Libraland deer.JPG<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• Libraland deer.JPG
    Libraland deer.JPG
    852.8 KB · Views: 583
Need just a little more daylight![attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Mikes buck.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Attachments

• Mikes buck.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 582
\"vanish\" said:
This year has been pretty good to us, so I\'m holding out for something more than any legal mule deer this weekend. I\'ll be in the woods tomorrow morning.

I would say so :upthumb:

I hope you shoot a monster :mg:

Truck is gased up and everything is packed.
I will be in stand tomorrow late afternoon !!!

Hey Brad, we\'ll kill some beer, you kill some deer! Come on over if ya kill one tnite or tmro morning. Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back