What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

Yesterday was 90 minutes spin and 2000 steps on the stair climber with a 50lb pack. Been frantically searching for new areas to hunt as our main spot was overtaken by fire the last couple weeks[emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBigShow said:
Yesterday was 90 minutes spin and 2000 steps on the stair climber with a 50lb pack. Been frantically searching for new areas to hunt as our main spot was overtaken by fire the last couple weeks[emoji22]

Dang!

TheBigShow said:

That sucks!!  Good luck on the new spots...

Today was chest, tris, and cardio!

yesterday was the slowest most miserable cardio workout disguised as a fun mtn bike ride.  man, i was wheezing like an old man!!  hahah..
in my defense i have a weird chest cold going on from my long airplane flights..i am a loogie factory right now.

Today was a 30 minutes cardio session and shoulders.

I snuck in a nice midweek scout this morning. Hiked 4.5 miles, 3k vert to my bivy at treeline last night. Then popped over the saddle at 12,000 ft to see some awful nice bulls before heading back down to the car at 9500 ft, in time for a half-day at work.

B

Holeshot said:
I snuck in a nice midweek scout this morning. Hiked 4.5 miles, 3k vert to my bivy at treeline last night. Then popped over the saddle at 12,000 ft to see some awful nice bulls before heading back down to the car at 9500 ft, in time for a half-day at work.

B

Now THAT sounds like my kind of workout! Instead, I was stuck at home, so did a 3 mile weighted hike this morning. Going to do some shooting this afternoon  :upthumb:

Throw this in to mix things up...
+ = throw in a weighted pack to up the intensity
++ = Add a set of d-bells with the weighted pack
Do two or three rounds, take about 5 deep breaths between each exercise rest 1 to 3 minutes between rounds depending on fitness level.
15 minute Ab Ripper by P-90X

Step ups ++Wide Front Pull Ups +
Walking Lunge ++
Military Push Ups + (narrow, hands directly under shoulders)Squats ++Reverse Grip Chin Up +Back Lunge to high knee + or ++Wide Push Ups +
**One option is to do a two round session at lunch, with a 5 minute warm up it should only take about 25 to 30 minutes to complete....minus the ab ripper work out. After work, do the ab ripper and another two or three rounds
** Up the game by timing each round - increasing reps and decreasing the amount of time per round really ups the cardio aspect and overall intensity.

I?m currently home in Prescott Az, and had full intention on hiking today, but got rained out, so today is LEGS LEGS LEGS!! May go for a run this evening if I?m not too fatigued. The altitude different between Prescott and Minot, ND is 3700? so I?m sure it won?t be a very productive run.

Back, biceps, core, and cardio!
Now it?s time to cut the grass and then mow the yard. [emoji106]

Today was a 2 mile run, then legs, core, and going to shoot my bow in a few. 

Days are counting down! I?m almost 30 days out.

I got in an 11 mile bike ride.  I was hoping for a fairly short hike with my family to help break in some boots, but we have some storms rolling in, so that will have to wait until later in the week.

We slept in a 10th Mountain Hut at 11k feet all weekend and got in a 3-mile hike to treeline with the kids on Saturday. Flung a few arrows and shot the 3D target with our 5-year-old.

Yesterday was an improv 3 mile hike with 15lbs in the pack, plus pushing 75lbs worth of kids in a stroller. Legs day in the gym today and more shooting  :dance2:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back