What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

I?m in the gym everyday year around preparing for hunting season but the closer it gets the more I lay off total strength training and and more endurance strength to my workouts plus heavy weighted pack hikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was back, biceps, a little abs, and a 2 mile run.  My additional workout will be lots of yard work today. 

I am taking it nice and slow on my upper body workouts, but it felt great

Another killer workout and yard work! I am still feeling good.
I'm going to wait until Thursday and then I'll start working with the bow again.  :upthumb:

Today was chest, tris, and a 2 1/2 mile run

3 mile run yesterday in 100 degrees. Today is chest & triceps day and I'll either bike or jog to/from the gym (4 miles round trip).

I've been doing a version of one of the workouts on ELK 101 in the am (with my puppy in tow because she needs to get the energy out), then in the afternoons I've been doing 80 Day Obsession, T25, and whatever else my wife wants me to do with her. She's not an outdoorsey gal so whatever I can do to make her happy so she supports my elk hunt I'll do.

Currently in Vegas for the next three weeks. Walked from my shop to the truck in 112 degrees. Lost 43 lbs, and chiseled my six pack! I?m ready for the elk woods!

All jokes aside, this Base has an unreal gym and being away from the family for three weeks will definitely keep me focused on training.

These two leg days a week are whooping my butt now that I reworked the routines.  That plus 5 days of cardio. Ooooweeee I cannot wait!

Boom said:
YES!!  i got a 90 deg bend in my knee!!!

I feel your pain.  I was on track to be in the best hunting shape of my life for two epic multi week hunts planned this fall.  Then I tore my MCL (for the second time in my life) and I'm trying to figure out how things are going to go.  I still plan on hunting and packing out an elk or two...I just might have to have my leg in a immobilizing splint or brace and hike around like a stiff legged wacko.  But nothing is going to stop me from going on these hunts....NOTHING!

Been slacking a little this week, had to take the daughter to a local fair to see the animals. Did my usual spin class on Monday, hiked 2.5 miles on Tuesday and today was full body weight workout.

Tomorrow going to go hiking before I go to work in the afternoon. 44 days to go!

Today was back, biceps, and a good 2.5 mile run

Now I?ve got yard work and my first attempt at pulling my bow back in almost 4 weeks

hiked 5 miles with my pack loaded with 25lbs that was this morning.
heading back out this afternoon after the honey do list is complete for another 5

Today was legs legs legs!
Then a 30 minutes inclined hike, abs, and shot my bow.

After a busy couple of weeks I was able to get in a run this morning along with a few more 'Man Makers'. Also shot 50 arrows.

Back, bis, inclined walk, and stationary bike!

Legs legs legs!!! Then 2 mile run and core!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back