What did you do today....

\"mtnmutt\" said:
\"iccyman001\" said:
2 mile run down, back workout, and just signed up for a half marathon in Colorado springs this july :upthumb:
Another crazy person. :razz: There are hills in Colorado Springs, its at 6,000 feet and its hot in July. Train high, race low.

I trained at 6k and raced in Vegas (Dec) and Phoenix (Jan) for my halfs. The courses were mostly flat. For my sprint tris, I trained at 10k and raced mostly down at 6k except for one at 10k.

Good luck! I wish you the best. That will be a tough one.
I am going to try to train for this as hard as I can.

Here in NM I am at 4000 ft, so jumping to 6000 will be a smack in the face. There are some mountains a few hours away from here that vary between 8K-11K. I\'ll probably train there a few weekends before the race and then give it my best!

Today was 10x 200 sprints followed by a mile jog.
Now I am going to shoot my bow and do some stretching!

\"elkmtngear\" said:
Every weekday:

30 minutes treadmill walk/run with 30 pound pack on, 10% grade

200 pushups

200 bicycle crunches

200 tricep lifts

Evening: shoot 15 or so arrows at varying yardages/ lanes.

Where are you getting your steroids? :lol:

are those 200 pushups all at once or a few sets of 50 or so? I am up to 60 pushups at one time then 150 squats and then 3 minute plank. I stop at a nice hill each night after work and run up it twice this week 3 times next week then 4 times. I will add weight and walk quickly up it after that.

\"Deertick\" said:
\"elkmtngear\" said:
Every weekday:

30 minutes treadmill walk/run with 30 pound pack on, 10% grade

200 pushups

200 bicycle crunches

200 tricep lifts

Evening: shoot 15 or so arrows at varying yardages/ lanes.

Where are you getting your steroids? :lol:

From my MD John...are you offering a cut rate? :think:

\"bowhunter\" said:
are those 200 pushups all at once or a few sets of 50 or so? I am up to 60 pushups at one time then 150 squats and then 3 minute plank. I stop at a nice hill each night after work and run up it twice this week 3 times next week then 4 times. I will add weight and walk quickly up it after that.

4 sets of 50, Terry. No damn way I could knock out 200 without having to be transported to the nearest Hospital :oops:

\"elkmtngear\" said:
\"bowhunter\" said:

4 sets of 50, Terry. No damn way I could knock out 200 without having to be transported to the nearest Hospital :oops:
hopefully that\'s throughout the day.... after 90, my arms are jelly.

took a day off. knees are tender on the downhills. i hate that.

today, i\'ll mountain bike for sure. its a gray area whether or not mtn biking is legal on this single track. i\'ve heard it go both ways. soooo..i only mtn bike on weekdays when traffic is the lightest.

then..burbees and stuff.

I\'m impressed, everyone!

My average weekday:
(I know the elk don\'t slack off on weekends, but I often do...)
30 mins: jog
20-30 mins: pilates/abs
20-30 mins: alternate upper body/lower body workout
10-15 mins: stretch
3-5 hours: walk/work at my treadmill desk

I also try to shoot my bow 2-3 times/week, year-round.

\"elkmtngear\" said:
From my MD John...are you offering a cut rate? :think:

Well, \"performance-enhancing drugs\" have become a larger part of my practice for a while ... seems, though, that the FDA will only clear them if they help in the bedroom.

So, for now, I\'ll have to just think of my elk steaks and wine as \"Performance-enhancing drugs.\" (And I know you have plenty of elk steaks, and living in California, I\'m sure you can find the wine!)

Well, they do influence me to work-out harder!

nothing physical exercise related.

i did shoot my bow for 2 hours. kinda long of a session for me. my left shoulder is a tad sore. new for me, my bow holding shoulder is never the sore one.

i\'m plenty good enough to plunk a turkey at 20 yards.

question: have you ever had a shooting session where your 60 yard groups were better than the 30\'s? man-o-man, i think the bullseye at the 30 had a mysterious force-field around it. it was a yard sale at the range!! quite upsetting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back