Time to hit those goals - CONTEST!

Last weekend, I did a 12k (7.3 mi.) 2000 ft.+ vertical, solo, overnight with 30 lb. pack. . Saw lots of Elk, snow, some steep terrain and new territory near home. Now my knees hurt. Working upper body while letting my knees heel.  :train: Looking at loosing another 5 lbs and continuing with 60lb pack on short 2 mile hikes.
When my knees feel better.

It's been 16 days and I'm already going down in my weight and my grouping is tightening at 70 yards. I'm not at my target goal but I'm making good progress to get there. I've got about 12 lbs to lose and a bunch of shooting to do. Another update next month!

So after 15 full days I am at 67.1 miles. This puts me a little behind on my goal of walking 600 miles by July 15. 

Well after drawing my New Mexico tags yesterday I can tell you I will be kicking up my workouts 10x!

I've been doing great at running some distance every day.

I've been focusing on a lot of cardio and high rep/low weight workouts. I'll continue this for the next two months, cut down, pass my PT test, and then add some strength training.

This will be the best September ever!

Update: the workouts have been continuing, with a minor speed bump last week due to getting a nasty bug. I'm feeling good though and I'm down 4lbs from when I started to 238lbs. Still a ways to go, but at least there's some progress!

Still working at my goals. I am down 4 pounds with 6 to go. I am doing my pushups every other day to allow some time for healing between workouts. My workouts next week will also consist of sprints and belly crawls with Dan trying to bag our turkeys.

April update.  Goal was to become a well rounded caller and brand new to elk calling.  At this point my locate bugles and cow mews are coming together, and now working on my chuckle but no consistency yet.  The inhale on chuckle is holding me up.  Also been working on cow and calf mews to try to sound like multiple elk. This week starting to work on a bark chuckle like The Bugler does.  Next month will attach video of my calling.
Good luck

spage said:
Great contest! My goal is to lose 10 lbs or more. Right now I broke the 200 mark and am 202. I would like to get down to 190 by July 15th.

April Update- I have been going to the gym more consistently and with this warmer weather have been doing more hikes. Also am playing basketball twice a week. I feel like I am in better shape but haven't lost any weight yet.

Tyler243 said:
I would like to be down to 240 by July and 225 by the archery elk opener in my home state of Montana.  I am currently at 263 down from 286 at New Years. I have been working out four to five times a week for 40 minutes and have been eating more vegetables and less sugars and carbs.

April Update- Down to 255! I have been working out 5-6 days a week and have been good about eating less carbs and eating more vegetables. I seem to notice the most gains when I eat right.

paelk said:
My goal is to drop 10 lbs.  Im at 213 now.  Also build up my endurance.  8 miles on the bike today and I want to do that at least 5 times a week.

April update--  Had a setback for the last couple weeks due to my back.  Even with that I'm down to 209 lbs but the bike and workouts have been on hold.  Injection last week so fingers are crossed I can get back at it by the end of the week.

April Update:

I mounted my scope this month!  It was my first time mounting so it only took me a couple hours. Hahaha. I must have watched 10 videos in between each step. But I got it on paper which shocked several people who went with me to the range.

It was so great. Only took a few a few minutes to get it sighted at 100 and then by the end I was plinking a 450 and 600 yrd target!

Looking forward to improving my skill while I maintain my fitness in preparation for October.

Good luck to everyone out there trying to reach their goals.

Zac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

April Update:

I?ve dropped from 229 to 224. Some of that is from working out but the majority had to do with getting a kidney stone and being sick in the meantime. I will try to lose the rest of the weight by just exercise and eating right.

I spent last week hunting turkeys. Even did a few sprints to try some setups. Time to get back to the workouts. Bringing out the mountain bike now that the roads are somewhat hard again.

I haven't worked out in weeks. My feet still hurt from running and it's been about a month. I have lost about 10 pounds but that has more to so with work getting busy than me doing anything else. I don't care how I lose weight so I guess that's good. I would like to do more strength training.

April Update:

Well I am down to around 3lbs down on my journey from 185 to 175.  Sure hope I can keep progressing.

May update. I have not reached my target weight yet. About 8 more lbs to go, it seems these lbs are going to be harder to shred so I?m stepping my game up and my grouping is tightening up a lot at 70 yards. I?m hitting about 5/10 on the bulls eye the others are within a few inched. I am determined to nail these goals. Good luck everyone and stick with it!!!

I added in some lunges May 1st. My legs are sore. I have some steep terrain planned for September. 120 more days

April update: I am a little late on the April update because I had to be out of town for a month for work and just got home. While I was gone I added some hiking and trail running but feel like I still have a ways to go. Now that I am home I can get back on my wife's Peleton bike and add some different types of cardio as well. I plan on using one of Cory's recommended work out plans on the University of Elk Hunting starting this evening. So far it has been good and I have noticed an increase in my cardio but I want to kick it up a notch.

DTP said:
I can't win any prizes, but I can still post my goals.

1) Go from 188lbs to  180-182lbs
2) Run a mile under 6 minutes and 30 seconds.
3) Hike 6 miles under an hour with a 40lb pack. (I might be able to do this one already so if that's too easy let's make it 7 or 8)

1) Currently sitting at 183
2) I need to actually time my mile, but I should be there.
3) Still need to create a baseline haha

48222f6e1e2596a007900d7542b587f3.jpg

I did a baseline for the mile today.
I have no doubt I can get under 6:30.  Today was figuring out what speed to set it at.  I also lost a few seconds slowing it down, unlocking my phone, and taking the picture.  I?ll get a picture under 6:30 here soon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back