What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

Im doing hotel work style workouts this week.

Push ups, squats, triceps dips, etc. Any type of body weight exercise workout that I can get until I'm back home  :upthumb:

DTP said:
So today I did a different kind of workout.  One that was specifically tailored for my heart.  First before I did my heart workout I made sure I ate a good meal.

1fc16d2d06c91b7f0a2e2e6eefce516d.jpg

Then after that I went to the cardio store....

Then I increased my heart rate to 200 bpm for about 30 minutes...

.... I?m amped up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

two questions:

what is that cup  on the right?  is that a milkshake?

and DID you finish all of that?  that is a flintstones rib!!!  that sausage nestled up next to it looks like a friggen garnish campared to that rib.

Boom said:
DTP said:
So today I did a different kind of workout.  One that was specifically tailored for my heart.  First before I did my heart workout I made sure I ate a good meal.

1fc16d2d06c91b7f0a2e2e6eefce516d.jpg

Then after that I went to the cardio store....

Then I increased my heart rate to 200 bpm for about 30 minutes...

.... I?m amped up...

two questions:

what is that cup  on the right?  is that a milkshake?

and DID you finish all of that?  that is a flintstones rib!!!  that sausage nestled up next to it looks like a friggen garnish campared to that rib.

It was banana pudding in the cup with a nilla wafer in it and dusted inside of it....

Also... I did eat it all! I also didn't move for the next two hours because of the food coma LOL

that is awesome D..

i cant believe you ate all that!!  food coma..yea..i would be reaching for the defibrillator.

:roll: yea closet fatty I?m sure  :roll:

Squats, step ups, push ups, resistance training for arms and shoulder with bands, sit ups, cardio weighted jog....

Yesterday was chest/triceps day and I rode my bike the 2 miles to/fro the gym. Back and biceps today and I'll either jog or bike again to/fro. Just started mixing in the bike and I can feel it hitting certain spots in my legs that don't normally get attention.

Push ups, core, and a 5 mile walk.
I'm ready to get back into a gym, but my body has been enjoying the little break.  :upthumb:

today is BIKE to work day!!

stopped at an "energizer" station and they were handing out water and bacon pancakes..all you could eat.  it was ridiculous.  i had two..then rode my happy ass to the office.  found a new route that circumnavigated the homeless emcampment..

ride home and tap out..i'm done.  easy day.

I shot my bow 150 times and went for a short hike. Little worried about my surgically repaired knees one doesn't feel so good and going to the doctor could end my elk season before it starts.

BostonArcher said:
I shot my bow 150 times and went for a short hike. Little worried about my surgically repaired knees one doesn't feel so good and going to the doctor could end my elk season before it starts.

Dang, hope you don't receive bad news when you see the Doc!

Today was home makeover day. Did some demo work on my entryway and found this ?groovy? wall beneath some Sheetrock.
a1c7c969e5351c69d2643333b4805de2.jpg

After dinner we are off to the gym for a good workout. Tonight I am starting a full body workout plan I found on the interwebs. Maybe have a little more structure to my workout instead of just going and moving iron in random moves.

c84f02f89e6201c23fca4ccb718ca6bd.jpg

Got in a hotel workout today [emoji106]

Yoga with the wife (I actually enjoy it) then legs at the gym

4 sets. super set Leg extensions and leg curls. 10-15 reps upping the weight each set.
4 sets. super set squats and lunges. 12-16 lunges 25 squats each set.
4 sets. Super set straight leg and wide stance deadlifts

Yesterday was a killer back workout, core, abs, cardio, and shot 30 arrows.

Today will be legs!  :train:

Last night I kicked up the cardio intensity. I'm going to do a solid 20-25 minutes of high intensity and pair it with 10-15 minutes of low intensity.

I had a great chest workout, abs, core, and lots of pushups  :upthumb:

Hit the gym yesterday and learned a new exercise called 'Man Makers'. The cool thing is that you can do them anywhere with just a set a dumbbells. Basically you start with the dumbbells in your hands and standing up. Go to the ground with your hands like you are going to do a burpee, but still holding the dumbbells. Kick your legs back to a plank or pushup position and once in a plank, you do a one arm row on each side followed by a pushup, then jump your legs forward to your hands, stand up and do a shoulder press with the dumbells. I did this 10 times, then 8, 6, 4, and 2 and mixed in a chest super set with it. This will get the heart rate up for sure and you end up using a bunch of different muscle groups in the process! If you want to do some cardio that isn't on a treadmill or exercise bike, give this one a shot.

cohunter14 said:
Hit the gym yesterday and learned a new exercise called 'Man Makers'. The cool thing is that you can do them anywhere with just a set a dumbbells. Basically you start with the dumbbells in your hands and standing up. Go to the ground with your hands like you are going to do a burpee, but still holding the dumbbells. Kick your legs back to a plank or pushup position and once in a plank, you do a one arm row on each side followed by a pushup, then jump your legs forward to your hands, stand up and do a shoulder press with the dumbells. I did this 10 times, then 8, 6, 4, and 2 and mixed in a chest super set with it. This will get the heart rate up for sure and you end up using a bunch of different muscle groups in the process! If you want to do some cardio that isn't on a treadmill or exercise bike, give this one a shot.

I like the sounds of that exercise. I will have to give them a try :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back