What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

Set up a couple bear baits.  Forgot where we had one set up 10 years ago, so it turned into a much bigger workout than it needed to be.

Today was an easy day.
Early morning run and a warm down walk. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today consisted of shoveling about 5 heaping wheelbarrow loads of rock out from around the house and replacing with wood mulch. Then to the gym for a good workout squats, bench press, skull crushers, leg curls, rows, arm curls, sit-ups, and planks. Time is running short before the season starts time to start hitting it hard!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! All gave some but some gave it all. Thank you to the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice so we can enjoy what we have now. And also thank you to all the other service members out there protecting our freedom!

Chest, abs, core, 1.5 mile run, 10 minutes inclined treadmill walking, 10 minute bike!

neckofredness said:
mile run, chest and tri with 500m row inbetween each excercise.

You've cut down a bunch on that deployment. Elk better watch out

2.3 miles with a 45 pound pack in 35 minutes. Not sure who is more tired, me or the dogs

TheBigShow said:
2.3 miles with a 45 pound pack in 35 minutes. Not sure who is more tired, me or the dogs

Great workout! Keep up the intensity!

DTP said:
TheBigShow said:

Great workout! Keep up the intensity!

102 days to get this fat boy ready for the hills! Time to ramp up the conditioning to 5 days a week or more. Just impatiently waiting for the Colorado draw to happen next week!

Yesterday was arms and today is a chest and cardiofest.
20 minutes bike, 20 minutes stair stepper, 1.5 mike run

Not much for conditioning other than looking out the windshield as I traveled around the state today. I did manage to find a boot dealer that carried Crispi boots and tried on a few different pairs and have narrowed my search a little bit more.

I also picked up the supplies I needed to complete my diy hammock under quilt. Hammock showed up yesterday and I made the quilt tonight when I got home. Got it all set up and sleeping under the stars tonight for a test drive. Hope all goes well and the rain holds off or I am going to get wet with no tarp over me yet.

Good night

Leg day.  My legs are on fire. Squats, burpees, step ups, lunges, weighted pack squats, weight 1 mi walk, jog.  Then I did some shoulder resistance band exercises

Today was nasty....
4 hours of hiking. 100+ degrees with 82% humidity....

eac92f59e22b918eed39f5270f6441f6.jpg

I was also battling banana spiders and stuff like this guy all day.

c7b2bbf584c41172b3fe9cbc61c2c5b4.jpg

It was a good workout though. 
Time to start prepping for this...

fb74595d9b981059a8f3eadce500856d.jpg

Yesterday was back, cardio, core, and abs.
This sounds horrible, but I am excited because my wife and daughter are about to leave for three weeks. They are going to visit family, so my workouts should get better and I'll be able to hit the archery range daily!

I'm getting new strings installed on my bows this weekend, so I need to resight them!

DTP said:
Today was nasty....

Nope, nuh uh, ain?t happenin?, pretty sure I would have been running that 4 miles...in the opposite direction of that snake.🤢

TheBigShow said:
DTP said:
Today was nasty....

Nope, nuh uh, ain?t happenin?, pretty sure I would have been running that 4 miles...in the opposite direction of that snake.🤢

Haha I?m not a fan.  Where I hunt in OK and parts of NM there are lots of rattlers too.
I also do lots of crawling when I hunt.... so I?m on super high alert. 

Down here these things are just everywhere....

Today was a killer leg day!
I had to get it out of the way now so I?ll be ready to hike around Kentucky this Friday and Saturday looking for deer and elk.

Good 3 1/4 mile hike. Too hot for this guy, 83*. Thank god for the 20mph wind! Really need to kick it up now, Dad has decided we are doing 2 3 day backpack hunts with a day in between to shower and get a good couple meals after he found out we got our muzzy tags. SOOOO EXCITED!

Got a nice bike in today and arm workout. I'll just run and do push up tomorrows because I'll be hiking my tail off this weekend on my KY blitz trip :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back