What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

Today was a good full body weight lifting day including a burnout set of squats and planks. Tomorrow I hope to get in another hike at the state park I drive past on my way home from work instead of down a flat as far as the eye can see dirt road.[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m in Kentucky [emoji106]

Going to get my new bow set up and my current bow restrung and tuned.  I?ve always wanted a backup bow. 

Then tomorrow is scouting for elk and deer! Going to be hot, but a lot of fun. 

Yesterday had a good hike at the state park 3.16 mile in about an hour. If it weren?t for the flies attacking my dogs we would have went farther.

Today another full body weight training day.

Sitting on my butt with an ice pack on my knee. Doctors orders.

Very sore. She thinks it?s early arthritis:(

Its been sore for ten days. I hit the bowrange thurs and my knee clicked(popped) as I was limping around the arrow course. It almost dropped mine in my tracks. It hurt bad!  I limped slowly to my truck and called my doc.

Funny, I think that pop helped. The soreness was diminished the dry next morning. Getting better daily. Getting old sucks.

Yesterday I went hiking in Kentucky ?elk country?. 

It was a great time except for the humidity and the ticks....
I grew up around ticks, but yesterday was one of the worst experiences with them.  I must have somehow gone through a nest of some sort or was just extremely unlucky because when I finally realized it I had at least 10 that were already bit into me, and then pulled off another 20-30 from my clothes.... needless to say I got the heebee geebies from that and probably have lime disease (hope not, it?s not that bad here)

374c53440b5ca7d657715be90d9dc383.jpg

c419ddb1d10f661ae08a947429925ee8.jpg

6fcfa53281d51f7f130fdabf5e8fef26.jpg

6a389544711d8f9e2098eebeb9f529d2.jpg

20b8081647d982f1cfc8a54628d0e791.jpg

834b0f1222d95e2e01f9e010b86b42ad.jpg

Do you treat your clothes with Permethrin?  It really helps.  I was in a very tick infested area in Idaho twice in the last month and none stayed on me.  I literally watched one on my leg crawl for a second and fall off.  My hunting partner did not treat and had a couple attach to him.

jalliston said:
Do you treat your clothes with Permethrin?  It really helps.  I was in a very tick infested area in Idaho twice in the last month and none stayed on me.  I literally watched one on my leg crawl for a second and fall off.  My hunting partner did not treat and had a couple attach to him.

I typically do, but the stuff I brought on this trip was new and not treated yet.  I didn?t even have my typical bug spray that I?d normally put on prior to a walk like this too. Huge foul on my part and never again!!

I'm ready to kick it up another notch this year.

I'll be shooting everyday to sight my new bow in (at least 50 arrows a day)
Plus I am going to increase the intensity of my workouts even more!

i needed to pump the brakes.i hurt my knee badly.  i am on week 2 of rest and ice packs.
my bow-range doesnt look like Dan's.  i have to hike down and up hills.  there is no set shooting range.  my range is all walking trails and you come up to a target.
it's an archery course.  so what i usually have to do is:  hike to some random target nobody likes.  i just post up there and keep pounding that target.  i have to keep vigilant and let people "play thru" if needed.

You're too close to hunting season to be injuring yourself, Cliff!
Heal up!  :upthumb:

Today was another killer workout.  Leg day, cardio bike, abs, push ups, and shot more at the range

Yesterday 10.4 miles in the spin bike today 2 1/4 mile hike at a new park I found in the area with lots of hills and side hilling. The old pack is starting to feel right at home on my back.

Goal from now til September 4 is to either be in the gym lifting, at a spin class, or hiking. Everyone says be in the best shape of your life when going elk hunting, I can now say I am better now than when I was wrestling and playing football in high school!

i shot my bow a lot yesterday.

i should have quit when i was ahead.  i only have a 20 and 50 pin. :)

i pushed my left side a bit much.  i was shooting great, then it fell off, and i tried to chase back that glory.  diminishing returns for sure.  i got tired and the wheels fell off the wagon.

lessons learned.  i just want to be back to my old shooting form and my feeble mind doesn't seem to want to accept that it is gonna take some time.  i am not a patient person.

i will let my bow arm rest.  i am back on my bike tonight!!

Had some pretty good workouts over the last week.  Packed 2 bears out.  Several bait packs, and tree stand trips.  Some pushing 100lbs between bait stands and stuff to hang them.

Today was arms, core, pushups, ran, shot my bow for about 30 minutes, and then finished it up with sprints!!  :train:

15 Snatches at 80%
3 sets of 5 sets/3 reps of bent over rows. dropping 30# off the bar each set
Rolled out
3 sets GHD Situp (10reps) and Reverse Hyper(20 reps)

met a new friend.  lets call him Chuck.  (because that's his name)

i have been living a sedentary 2 weeks, resting my sore knee. 

yesterday was the day.  i had to get out.  i met chuck up on top by the lake.  he said, let me show you a few more trails.  Chuck led up, pedaling our mtn bikes some gnarly goat trails!!  bunny hopping boulders. dropping off of small cliffs.  it was fun.

but have you ever exercised so much you almost had flu-like symptoms.  headache, a mild fever, aches?  i dehydrated myself!!  i drank lots of water and some of my stash of hiking powder.  i fell asleep at 8:30. :)

today, i feel like i went 3 rounds with a MMA fighter.  knee is okay!!  everything else?  sore. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back