What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

Today was a minor leg day, push ups, and abs. 
I have a PT test Thursday, so I?m going to take it slow until then. 

Plus my body could use a break  :upthumb:

Today I left a nice pool of sweat under then spin bike followed by 5 1 minute planks. Time to go home and clean the gun before I go shooting tomorrow after work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday was 6 mile fast-paced bike ride followed by 45 burpees (3 sets of 15). Today will be a long run day. Trying to mix it up after a few weeks of shoulder soreness due to heavy lifting.

Shoulders Mon
Chest & bice Tues
69.2lbs pack at 55steps/min on stairs for 15min today
Packing my body weight is my goal:) Thankfully, I'll probably lose weight by the the time my strength catches up:)

My routine of running and lifting has been modified to incorporate going up and down this as many times as I can until my legs are completely blown up.  I'll start taking my pack and added more and more weight as the season gets closer.

wapiti_will said:
My routine of running and lifting has been modified to incorporate going up and down this as many times as I can until my legs are completely blown up.  I'll start taking my pack and added more and more weight as the season gets closer.

Mind if I ask where this amazing set of stairs is located? Looks like the perfect workout!

Beautiful place to workout. I hate treadmills so I walk down my driveway and to the end of my road and back. 3 mile trek takes me about 50 minutes.  Start with 30 and work up to 60 lbs.

Bowhunter1 said:
Beautiful place to workout. I hate treadmills so I walk down my driveway and to the end of my road and back. 3 mile trek takes me about 50 minutes.  Start with 30 and work up to 60 lbs.

Ima getting ready for local deer season...😁😁
The extent of my ?workout? goes something like bowhunter1. I walk out my driveway and down the road to our mailbox at least five or six times daily depending on how many times our little dog wants to outside. This consists of about .075 of a mile and requires at least 20 minutes. Ima carrying a pound or so dog lead plus 210 pounds give or take a few...
I should be ready come deer season but if not there?s always my Ranger to fall back on. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I forgot something. The only time I get to drive now is my Ranger at the deer camp since my driving privileges have been revoked by my wife and kids.. :downthumb:

Bull_Fighter said:
wapiti_will said:

Mind if I ask where this amazing set of stairs is located? Looks like the perfect workout!

I could be wrong, but I believe that?s in Castle Rock, CO.

I have still be doing my 2 miles before work M-F.

M W F I jog carrying 5lb dumbells in my hands
Tu / Thur I hike carrying 20lb dumbells in my hands, doing curls and flys and shoulder lifts

If you think jogging with 5lbs in each hand for 2 miles is easy, give it a try

cohunter14 said:
Bull_Fighter said:
wapiti_will said:

I could be wrong, but I believe that?s in Castle Rock, CO.

You are correct.  This is the "mini" incline at Philip S. Miller park in Castle Rock.  I enjoy the Manitou incline as well, but it doesn't work as well with my schedule and it's not on my way home from work.

Flatlander Iowa res here so no real elevation change or altitude here. My curresnt routine is stadium stairs, 50 reps up and down (decent size stadium) mixed with 10 squats and 10 push ups after every 10 sets of steps. Up to 45lb pack now and climbing. Doing that 3 times per week along with 45min to 1 hour of Airdyne / elliptical / treadmill 3 times per week. Mix in 150 push ups per day and P90x Ab Ripper a few times per week. That is it so far. Increasing pack weight and adding in more weight routines over the next few months along with longer hikes over country. My son's Colorado elk hunt will be here before we know it! Can't wait!👍

c1efa65fa4fe44fe925140283ef90863.jpg

12 mike bike for an easy Friday workout. 
Killed my PT test yesterday [emoji106]

Five miles with a thirty lb pack.At end if hike ,run up the first 300 ft of driveway, walk down and repeat 3 times.

Squat, bench press, leg curls, inclined sit-up, planks, arm curls, skull crushers, barbell rows, barbell pull ups.

My new pack should be here tomorrow so I?m gunna load it up and take it for a hike to see how it goes!

7.42 miles with my pack, weighs 35 lbs. Also lost 23 lbs so far this spring/summer, more to loose. Want to shed another 10. Shot my bow, everyday try for at least 15 shots. Lift weights to strengthen arms and do ab exercises for my core.
My resolve... do not put that winter weight back on!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back