What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

cohunter14 said:
Nice job on the 3D shoot Dan!

Well, my running is being put on hold for the time being. Gave it a day off and went for a 1.5 mile run on Friday. The run felt good on the knee, but it?s been really sore since. Time to come up with a new plan of attack.

My opinion. Stop running. Your knees will thank you. Put some weight in your pack and go hiking. Another thing is biking. I feel more of a burn in my quads trying to bike up a hill than hiking with a weighted pack.

Bowhunter1 said:
cohunter14 said:
Nice job on the 3D shoot Dan!

Well, my running is being put on hold for the time being. Gave it a day off and went for a 1.5 mile run on Friday. The run felt good on the knee, but it?s been really sore since. Time to come up with a new plan of attack.

My opinion. Stop running. Your knees will thank you. Put some weight in your pack and go hiking. Another thing is biking. I feel more of a burn in my quads trying to bike up a hill than hiking with a weighted pack.

I agree... I've be finding cardio workouts that reduce the pounding on the knee.....I enjoy biking a lot. It is killer if you do it right.

Bowhunter1 said:

DTP said:
I agree... I've be finding cardio workouts that reduce the pounding on the knee.....I enjoy biking a lot. It is killer if you do it right.

I agree. With how much my knee is still hurting, the running is done for now. I hate running anyway, but I wanted to bump it up from my walking/hiking that I had been doing in hopes of shedding a few extra pounds and breath a little easier in the mountains. I might have to give the bike a shot...either that, or maybe an elliptical?

cohunter14 said:
Bowhunter1 said:

DTP said:

I agree. With how much my knee is still hurting, the running is done for now. I hate running anyway, but I wanted to bump it up from my walking/hiking that I had been doing in hopes of shedding a few extra pounds and breath a little easier in the mountains. I might have to give the bike a shot...either that, or maybe an elliptical?

Ellipticals don't feel natural to me.

When I am not biking I am doing the stairmaster, bikes, or inclined walking.

Derek my knees are shot so I use a elliptical a lot. I've wore two out. I start with the ellip then move to the bike once the snow is gone and the roads dry out which will be another month and a half around here. I'll start hiking hills mid summer and back off hiking closer to season. I've kept hiking till close to season before and paid the price for it half way through season. Sore knees suck while hunting. I'm not in animal like Dan anymore I  just move a little slower now days.  :wink:

Im slowly coming out of hibernation. Been walking 3 miles every evening, a fast walk - GPS says ave of 4mph.

I dont run much anymore. I figure if I need to run, I shoulda left sooner :)

Once the sand from the snow trucks gets washed off the roadways form spring rains, Ill hit the mtn bike too

Yesterday I killed my legs again to the point I'm VERY tender today. My legs will be a whole different level of ready this year and I cant wait to pack out some elk!  :upthumb:

On day 17 of Whole 30 and down 5lbs so far. Still smashing it at the gym almost every night. Tonight I will hit the legs hard!

Bull_Fighter said:
On day 17 of Whole 30 and down 5lbs so far. Still smashing it at the gym almost every night. Tonight I will hit the legs hard!

Congrats!!!! You're killing it!

I was dragging butt today (teething baby), but I still mustered up the last bit of energy I had and did a great shoulder workout and cardio. :train:

DTP said:
I was dragging butt today (teething baby), but I still mustered up the last bit of energy I had and did a great shoulder workout and cardio. :train:

Setting a good example. Keep it up!

Today was a killer back workout, push ups, abs, 10 minutes of stair stepping and then 10 minutes of running.

I'm ready for some ice cream  :tease:

Woke up, 100 squats no weight. Up and down our stairs at the house 30lbs twenty times, push-ups, weighted situps, side planks, twenty min jog. Finished 10 squats five times with 50lb pack then 25 no weight.  Tomorrow is a ruck with 50lbs and I think the trail is 3.4 or 4.4 flatish rolly ground.  I usually will walk a portion of the river bank with tons of river rock and it makes stepping with weight a little challenging

Killer leg workout and then for my cardio I pushed one of those weighted sleds around for about 25 minutes.....

I thought I was gonna puke.

Did hill runs. Too slow to call them hill sprints just yet.

Bleeck.

Hit the hills tomorrow as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back