What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

dude ive seen some mean spin classes  hold on to your butt      another short run today  only a mile and a half

DTP said:
TheBigShow said:
DTP said:
TheBigShow said:
Today I joined a spin bike class. Has to be interesting than a treadmill. We will see how it goes tonight after work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may find you like the spinning and bike way more than just regular treadmill stuff. I have to run for work, but when I am given the option I'd rather use the bike or stair master!

Good luck
Exactly what job makes you run for work! I don?t know if I like the sounds of that lol

Military haha

It?s not a lot of running, I just make sure to include 1-3 mile runs in my weekly routine.
Then everything else is biking or stair master! Sometimes both and sometimes all three!
Thank you for your service![emoji631]

I completed my first class of spin...hope I can walk Tom more!

cnelk said:
Got my new rig all dialed in - my 40yd group

Been shooting quite a bit

Looks good, Brad  :upthumb:

TheBigShow said:

Did you jam out to your own tunes or did they have their own thing going on?
Also, thanks for your support  :upthumb:

DTP said:
cnelk said:

TheBigShow said:

They had a good playlist going and they are constantly talking (they say to make sure you are breathing).

Great group of people, I had to tell them why I was joining the class and they all thought I was a little crazy when I said to be in shape for elk hunting![emoji23] I can see this being a game changer in reaching my goal this year for elk hunting, dropping 45 lbs minimum and way more leg strength.

TheBigShow said:
DTP said:
cnelk said:

TheBigShow said:

They had a good playlist going and they are constantly talking (they say to make sure you are breathing).

Great group of people, I had to tell them why I was joining the class and they all thought I was a little crazy when I said to be in shape for elk hunting![emoji23] I can see this being a game changer in reaching my goal this year for elk hunting, dropping 45 lbs minimum and way more leg strength.

That is quite a goal right there. It can be done though!
Good luck on achieving it and keep us in the loop on your progress  :upthumb:

Just had a killer leg workout and 25 minutes on the stair stepper.  I then came home and shot 40 arrows. 

I was also able to help out at my wife?s school today helping the archery team

90ab2d77acc0dc78367785dbd502aa46.jpg

Got some manual labor in today, the best kind of workout! Moved and cut a bunch of lumber helping my folks build a growing dome at their house.

2 miles ran in the AM with a follow up 4 mile run this evening      about 25 arrows sent tuning the bow for broadheads!!!!

10 minutes stair stepper, squats, overhead press, chest press, back extensions, leg extensions, leg curl, 15 minutes high incline fast walk on treadmill, burnout set of sit-ups, then home to an evening of watching Randy newberg videos on YouTube

Nothing as dramatic as a marathon. Wife started a new diet 10 days ago and I took the plunge with her. Down 11# in 10 days! Now working on the next 30. Hopefully when I?m done I can dump the cpap.

Today was my work's mandatory 5K "fun run".

I don't mind because it's a free workout

jstephens61 said:
Nothing as dramatic as a marathon. Wife started a new diet 10 days ago and I took the plunge with her. Down 11# in 10 days! Now working on the next 30. Hopefully when I?m done I can dump the cpap.

Nicely done jstephens!!!

jstephens61 said:

x2 to what Derek said, well done!!!

To the gym I go. Legs and upper body work today along with 45 minutes of cardio.  This morning I weighed my self and am down 28lbs since the start of my training adventure in January! After last years pain and suffering in the mountains I am more determined than ever. Still waiting for ma nature to get her head out of her a** to get out and start pack training and shooting. 6 degrees and blowing 30 this morning🤢

TheBigShow said:
To the gym I go. Legs and upper body work today along with 45 minutes of cardio.  This morning I weighed my self and am down 28lbs since the start of my training adventure in January! After last years pain and suffering in the mountains I am more determined than ever. Still waiting for ma nature to get her head out of her a** to get out and start pack training and shooting. 6 degrees and blowing 30 this morning🤢

Dang, way to go BigShow. You guys are killing it!

Well practicing using elk calls in my truck while I drive I watched the how too videos and have been trying to develop my sound practice practice practice. Corey I am still watching Land of the free on episode 34 awesome watching you guys work as a team. I had my first Elk hunt in 2017 in UTAH hunted the Unitas Mountains. I took my 72 yr old Dad on the road trip he fished and watched over Camp while a friend of mine, I meet in 2016 over in Iraq deployment, invited me out there. I'm from Western NY I am an avid deer hunter, meaning my wife is a single mom from October till 3rd week of Jan lol, Now my new passion is Elk hunting she is not happy, I told her I would give up goose and duck hunting if I can Elk hunt every year I am still working on convincing her wish me luck. I did your course Elk 101 learned a ton and now watching land of the free and now I am obsessed about hunting Elk. 2019 can't come quick enough. My next planed trip.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back