What did you do today to work towards your 2018 season?

I worked at home today.

Threw a cord of stacked split wood into a pile and moved a storage shed where the wood was.
Then I restacked the cord of wood

Cleaned out my garage for 5 hours wearing a 35lb pack.  Didn't have much time so I did what I could with what I had!

Going to take a couple days off! I?ve been going at it so hard the past few months where a couple days will probably benefit me!

Kdkehoe said:
Cleaned out my garage for 5 hours wearing a 35lb pack.  Didn't have much time so I did what I could with what I had!

:upthumb: :upthumb: I wear my pack at work sometimes while walking around. Maximizing time I like it.  :upthumb: :upthumb:

Shoveled my 3 car driveway that had 8" of packed snow this weekend. Back to cardio today before I go put cameras out after work!  :dance2:

Lately I have been carrying my kettlebells in my hands while hiking. My go-to weight has been 8kg per hand. This weight strikes a good balance between grip strength and climbing benefit. Then every now and again, I carry the 12kg bells and go steeper ans shorter.

It's very challenging and I have really been enjoying it. Has anyone else tried this?

Just getting started on the whole ?elk shape? business. Got home and shoveled 3? of dripping wet snow off the sidewalks then off to the gym for the first time in about 10 years! Man oh man I am not what I was in my younger years, legs feel like jello. Baby step, started light just to get a feel for things and will progress as I go. If this snow ever decides to leave MN it will be time to start pack training on the non weight days. Just wish I had a mountain in my backyard instead of a wheat feild[emoji107]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to working out after giving the knee a break for two and a half weeks. Took a 1.5 mile walk with a weighted pack yesterday and ran 1.5 miles today. No pain so far! Going to tone down the running to only a couple of days a week and see how that works combined with the weighted walks.

As I hit the big 60 this year consistency in training has become more important than ever for me if I want to continue chasing these amazing critters. Today was supposed to be an off day at the gym so my wife and I decided it was a good day to go shed hunting near our house, I put on my Blacks creek pack loaded it with around 20 lbs and headed into the woods . It is amazing how wearing the pack and stepping  over deadfalls, ducking under low branches and brush while searching for sheds can imitate the same thing we are doing when we hunt and I got to spend some quality time with my lovely wife. Also this week we have found 6 sheds the biggest measured 69.5 inches.

Got another 1.5 mile weighted hike in and did some more shooting with the bow. I took too much time away with the bow...the muscles used to shoot are sore after 20 or so arrows right now and my shooting is definitely sub-par. Got a lot of work to do ahead of turkey season in two weeks.

I've been trying to run more and more each day, it's tough cause I recently had knee surgery, but I've been pushing it about a quarter mile more every couple days and I am up too 2 miles a day now. Slowly but surely improving.

Today is a three mile trail run, abs, push ups, pull ups, and core.

i washed and handwaxed our two cars.

talk about a work out.  my entire upper body is sore.  my abs..

Today I joined a spin bike class. Has to be interesting than a treadmill. We will see how it goes tonight after work!

TheBigShow said:
Today I joined a spin bike class. Has to be interesting than a treadmill. We will see how it goes tonight after work!

You may find you like the spinning and bike way more than just regular treadmill stuff. I have to run for work, but when I am given the option I'd rather use the bike or stair master!

Good luck

Three mile hike with the weighted pack today. Going to try to get in a five mile hike this week as well.

DTP said:
TheBigShow said:

You may find you like the spinning and bike way more than just regular treadmill stuff. I have to run for work, but when I am given the option I'd rather use the bike or stair master!

Good luck
Exactly what job makes you run for work! I don?t know if I like the sounds of that lol

I hiked 1.5 miles with dumb bells in each hand, doing curls, flys, and rows the entire time

TheBigShow said:
DTP said:
TheBigShow said:

Good luck
Exactly what job makes you run for work! I don?t know if I like the sounds of that lol

Military haha

It?s not a lot of running, I just make sure to include 1-3 mile runs in my weekly routine.
Then everything else is biking or stair master! Sometimes both and sometimes all three!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back